i5 8600K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
This is the first time i've ever attempted Hackintosh at all. I followed this tutorial.

First of all, PC is:
MOBO: MSI Z370-A PRO
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: i5 8600K
RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz)
WIFI: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I WIFI/BLUETOOTH PCIE CARD

I followed a few of the frequently recommended pieces of advice from the forum and, after getting stuck at the apple logo at first, loaded the installer USB using intel graphics (just completely removed my GPU) and also tried to load in verbose mode (as shown in the attached image (looks like it got stuck mid sentence or something even after left for 1/2 hour)). Also tried to boot with safe mode, the screen showed the apple logo for a little while and then just showed a prohibited/stop sign on the screen. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
also tried to load in verbose mode (as shown in the attached image (looks like it got stuck mid sentence or something even after left for 1/2 hour)).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
Also tried to boot with safe mode, the screen showed the apple logo for a little while and then just showed a prohibited/stop sign on the screen.
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Thank you, BreBo, I came here with the same issue, and your tip to use the USB 2 port worked.

Now I'm stuck with the installer briefly popping up, showing "About 13 minutes remaining" for around 20 seconds and then rebooting. I'll go hunting for hints now...

Hi @NerrMurr,
I have encounter about same issue like your screenshot on i5-9600K with MSI B360M-PRO VDH. The Booting process just freeze a few lines after "apfs_module_start". No any obvious error or indication of what cause the freeze. I solved that issue with downgrade my UEFI BIOS to previous version (from 7B24vA4 back to 7B24vA3). Then it continue to boot. And if you have your usb drive in usb3 port, you will then need to swap the usb drive to usb2 port. So the problem you are dealing now isn't about usb drive(At least not yet).

I didn't even think the latest MSI AMI UEFI bios would be the problem. I tried many things for almost 5~7hours and solved it by downgrade to older UEFI bios version which was the last thing I can try. But it works on me. So, good luck!

First, you can't use a Nvidia card with Mojave, so go ahead and take that out. You'll want to run on integrated graphics, unless you plan to buy a Radeon card.

Now I'm stuck with the installer briefly popping up, showing "About 13 minutes remaining" for around 20 seconds and then rebooting. I'll go hunting for hints now...

If that happens once, just select to boot to Install macOS on the system drive again, and it should go farther.

If that happens every time, make sure you're using a good SMBIOS. For integrated graphics, I would try iMac18,1 (this it not the UniBeast/Multibeast default, so you'll have to customize config.plist on the boot flash drive).

Thanks, anmulder, I made that sad discovery (about Mojave and the non-existing nVidia Web Drivers) shortly after my last post. So I'm back on a fresh install of High Sierra, as I don't want to lose the GTX 1080. Currently wrestling with another issue (USB 3 ports not working), but thanks to another post of yours I'll be tackling that next. Your expertise is much appreciated, thanks for sharing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back