Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H87M-ITX
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 960 Turbo 2GB
First time installing a Hackintosh and I just can't get the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. I believe I have native NVRAM and the test here works for me. Using the ASRock H87M-ITX motherboard. My GPU, shows up in the 'About This Mac' menu.

Using AptioInputFix + AptioMemoryFix

I installed the drivers through here https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update using Terminal.

Each time I change from the Default macOS Graphics Driver to the Nvidia Web Driver it reverts...

Attachments

• config1.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 201
Each time I change from the Default macOS Graphics Driver to the Nvidia Web Driver it reverts...
Config.plist - Do not inject Nvidia graphics

Config.plist - Do not inject Nvidia graphics

OK, I've done that.

It lists my Graphics as 'Display 8 MB' from ASUS GTX 960. The drivers still revert to the Default macOS Graphics Driver when I select Nvidia Web Driver each time I reboot.

It lists my Graphics as 'Display 8 MB' from ASUS GTX 960. The drivers still revert to the Default macOS Graphics Driver when I select Nvidia Web Driver each time I reboot.
Looks like the nvda_drv=1 boot flag is not stored in NVRAM.

For native NVRAM check that you have removed EmuVariableUefi-64 from the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder and/or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/ folder.
Check your EFI partition and the root of your system drive for hidden nvram.plist files and remove them.

To show hidden files:
  1. Open Terminal found in Finder > Applications > Utilities
  2. In Terminal, paste the following:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
  3. Press Return
  4. Hold the ‘Option/alt’ key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch.
To hide hidden files:
  1. Open Terminal found in Finder > Applications > Utilities
  2. In Terminal, paste the following:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
  3. Press Return
  4. Hold the ‘Option/alt’ key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch.

Check if nvda_drv=1 is in your NVRAM.
In Terminal:
Code:
nvram nvda_drv
If you receive an error try to add it to your NVRAM
In Terminal:
Code:
sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

This is what I get when putting in nvram nvda_drv
Code:
nvram nvda_drv
nvram: Error getting variable - 'nvda_drv': (iokit/common) data was not found

I tried adding it with "sudo nvram nvda_drv=1" but upon restarting it just reverts back to the original error.

I tried adding it with "sudo nvram nvda_drv=1" but upon restarting it just reverts back to the original error.
Did you check if the nvda_drv=1 boot flag was stored in your NVRAM?
If it didn't try to add nvda_drv=1 to your config.plist/Boot/Arguments
If that doesn't work setup emulated NVRAM (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)

Did you check if the nvda_drv=1 boot flag was stored in your NVRAM?
If it didn't try to add nvda_drv=1 to your config.plist/Boot/Arguments
If that doesn't work setup emulated NVRAM (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)

No I don't believe it was.

When I set up 'nvda=drv=1' to my Config/Boot/Arguments it straight up doesn't boot. When I add both 'nvda_drv=1' and 'nv_disable=1' it does boot and it says I am using Nvidia Web Drivers under the Nvidia Driver Manager. But under About my Mac it says my Graphics are 'NVIDIA Chip Model 8 MB'. And I get a lot of tearing/artifacts (which I've always got).

When typing
Code:
nvram nvda_drv
in Terminal I get back
Code:
nvda_drv    1%00

...again that's with both 'nvda_drv=1' and 'nv_disable=1'...

Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

I tried EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts and it doesn't make any sort of difference as far as I can tell...

Whenever I set 'nvda_drv=1' in my boot arguments on Clover it doesn't boot - it just gives me a black screen.

I just updated to the newest kexts:
-Lilu
-WhateverGreen (from NvidiaGraphicsFixup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back