i7-8700K
Graphics
2x RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently I purchased a bcm94350zae off eBay, and it works perfectly in Windows. I have been trying to install the drivers but they won’t load. Currently I have lilu.kext and airportbrcmfixup.kext in my efi kext folder, but they don’t show up as loaded in system information. Please help. Thanks

Recently I purchased a bcm94350zae off eBay, and it works perfectly in Windows. I have been trying to install the drivers but they won’t load. Currently I have lilu.kext and airportbrcmfixup.kext in my efi kext folder, but they don’t show up as loaded in system information. Please help. Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note that problems with BCM94350ZAE are relatively common. You probably should have installed BCM94352Z or BCM943602BAED.

I would attach files if I could get WiFi working. Even if I had the files I have no way of uploading them.

Transfer to USB, then upload from computer attached to the internet.
Or use USB WiFi.
Or use Ethernet.

etc,etc.

Ok. In the meantime could you explain why my laptop gets so slow whenever this WiFi card is installed... it takes like 10 mins to log in and sometimes just freezes at the login screen completely and I have to hard reset. It makes it really hard to troubleshoot so if there’s a way to fix it that would be great. I’ve had to reinstall like 4 times just because I can’t actually get into the system once it’s installed. Also would the 94352z work easier than the 94350zae because I heard it does but the 350 model was half the price.

Ok. In the meantime could you explain why my laptop gets so slow whenever this WiFi card is installed... it takes like 10 mins to log in and sometimes just freezes at the login screen completely and I have to hard reset. It makes it really hard to troubleshoot so if there’s a way to fix it that would be great. I’ve had to reinstall like 4 times just because I can’t actually get into the system once it’s installed. Also would the 94352z work easier than the 94350zae because I heard it does but the 350 model was half the price.

You failed to attach any PR files.
If I had to guess, I suspect you forgot to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after changing hardware.

You failed to attach any PR files.
If I had to guess, I suspect you forgot to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after changing hardware.
That is definitely something I didn’t do. Should I take the card out, patch for 94350zae then reboot with the card back in? It’s 10:30 where I live and I’ll be able to post those files at around 12:30 or 1 at the latest. Thanks

@RehabMan
Actually I’m gonna do a fresh install later without any installed kexts or patches. I’ve used a guide for this laptop before, and everything worked well except WiFi bc I had an Intel WiFi card then. Is there any version of macOS that would make this WiFi chip easier to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back