Contribute
Register

Can't get Ivy Bridge with Intel 4000 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 to run properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Ivy Bridge i3 - 3225
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Preface: Ivy Bridge CPU on Z68 chipset, having trouble booting after multibeast or any other initial setup.

System:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Running F12 BIOS)
Intel Core i3 3225 with Intel HD 4000 Graphics
G-Skill F3-1600C11D-8GNS (1600MHz DDR3 2x4GB)
Asus SATA CDROM
Seagate 1TB Sata 6Gb/s
TP-Link TL-WN951N (PCI Wireless card with Atheros AR5008-3NG chipset)
Older 1600x1050 Apple Monitor (have to use an external power supply since it is powered off of an Apple-proprietary DVI connection)

For installation of OSX 10.8 I have been using a flash drive made using unibeast on a legitimate iMac and a DSDT.amt from this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...z68x-ud3h-b3-bios-vf12-xfx-radeon-5450-a.html to boot using the Intel 4000 series graphics.

I have tried using only one of the two ram chips for more compatibility and it has not seemed to make a difference with the install/stability.

The hardware I use upon install right now is as such:
Apple USB keybard, Razer orachi usb mouse. 8GB ram, no wireless card installed (i beleive it causes random freezes without a kext).

Using this flash drive setup the system is able to boot without any flags straight from the usb to install and that works perfectly fine.

Once the system is installed, I boot using the usb and select the HDD. It also boots without the use of any flags and the graphics work without a glitch.

The system gets to the desktop and Ethernet and Intel graphics function properly without any glitches or issues (remember, no wireless card yet).

The real issues start when I try and get the system to boot without the use of the usb drive.

I have tried setting up multibeast with userDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation with the hope that it would keep the DSDT I applied to the USB installer, I checked (ALC889 with DSDT and also have tried without dsdt), the realtek ethernet driver, 3rd party sata, I also tried patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and also have treid NullCPUPowerManagement.

I am still getting issues starting up. Latest issue has been a kernel panic on boot with the "unknown cpu" error.

If I boot from USB I get the known issue where you must re-plug the DVI cable to get to the desktop. Except now all I get is a blue screen...

I guess I'm just not sure where to go next, I just can't seem to get it to boot without usb! I have included screenshots of the latest issues. Thanks much.

Attachments

• 2012-12-28 18.25.14.jpg
    2012-12-28 18.25.14.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 202
  • 2012-12-28 18.25.20.jpg
    2012-12-28 18.25.20.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • 2012-12-28 18.17.35.jpg
    2012-12-28 18.17.35.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
Welp, here's an update since there have been no responses so far:
I have installed 10.8 once again, this time I copied the intel 4000 edited DSDT to the root and the system will now boot on its own! I have used multibeast to add usb 3.0 functionality and the cross generation graphics fix, and chameleon. I have also used kext wizard to fix permissions. I got the ALC889 sound drivers to work using a kext from osx86.net via kext wizard. Now my challenge is to get the onboard ethernet working. after I figure out how to do that I will try to get the wireless working.

Side note: just tried wireless and got a kernel panic when I tried to join my WPA2 network. Not sure how to fix this yet. Going to remove and try again for the wired ethernet.

Glad you figured out the DSDT had to be on the system itself. For LAN, you'll need to install the corresponding kext. Your board happens to have a Realtek 8111E chip, so you'll have to install either one of the Realtek kexts from Multibeast. I've attached a screenshot of your two options. Install one or the other.

On a side note. Why didn't you just install the audio drivers from Multibeast also? It supports your chipset.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 10.04.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 10.04.31 PM.png
    27 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for your reply KushKrime. I had been having much trouble with multibeast, it seemed when I added features in multibeast it broke things that were working before I had run it. As of right now I have audio still, but no ethernet. I have used the realtek install wizard (realtek lnx2mac's... RTL81xx 0.0.90) from multibeast and also downloaded it from the interwebs somewhere. I have been unable to get any results with that patch, I have also tried the IO80211Family.kext and that has also not helped. I'm going to re-apply that realtek patch through multibeast alone to see if I can get any results this time.

I have just run the multibeast wizard to install just the realtek patch for ethernet and I have had no luck. Any tips/tools that can help me figure out what is preventing this from working? BTW, I had ethernet working when I installed the OS. Good news is that it still boots fine from the HDD, I am doing my best to keep this particular install working.

It may help to know that I DO have an "ethernet" device in the system preferences and I can configure a manual address, but it still doesn't connect. I have wireshark on my pc and I can see DHCP Discover requests when I have it set to DHCP, but it never reacts to the DHCP server's responses.

I am including a txt file of the currently loaded kexts to see if anyone can find conflicts or see any things that might help me out.
View attachment LoadedKexts12-29-12-1244pm.txt

I have given up with this setup and bought an i5 2400 CPU with the hope that it will be more compatible. Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back