Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't get into the Installer. gets stuck at about 60-70% while booting then a black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Hero (WiFi)
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
UHD 630/RTX 2070 SUPER
Hi!

I'm kind of a new Hackintosh user, so a newbie here.. last time I did a hackintosh was Yosemite, and it was extremely straightforward on my system back then.. but I've been trying to install macOS Catalina for 2 days, but I just can't get it to work..

This is the guide I followed to create the USB stick: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...catalina-public-beta-installation-usb.278188/

These are my PC specs:
CPU: i7-8086K
GPU: UHD 630/Asus RTX 2070 SUPER Dual OC
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GBs 3200MHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero (WiFi)

I do know that Nvidia GPUs are specifically not compatible with Mojave/Catalina, but I want to use the iGPU of my CPU. I'm assuming that's not an issue if I only have my iGPU connected to the monitor and set it as primary in the UEFI Settings?

also attached are my EFI files and my BIOS settings(the BIOS Settings are what's changed from Optimized Defaults).

Video of Verbose/Normal boot:

I should also add that I did try other users EFI folders with no success..

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0982.JPG
    IMG_0982.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
There are no Mac drivers for a RTX 2070.

At the Clover menu select Options - Graphics injection :
Inject Intel
Platform Id 0x12345678

I'm assuming that's not an issue if I only have my iGPU connected to the monitor and set it as primary in the UEFI Settings?
If you are going to use UHD630 exclusively then you should physically remove the Nvidia card from the mobo slot. If not removed you have to completely disable it with an SSDT.

Inject Intel
Platform Id 0x12345678
already tried doing that, and as said in the Original Post, I don't want to use the RTX GPU.
Edit: my GPU is the RTX 2070 Super specifically and it seems to get removed for some reason in the profile..

If you are going to use UHD630 exclusively then you should physically remove the Nvidia card from the mobo slot. If not removed you have to completely disable it with an SSDT.
Can you tell me what the SSDT is? I plan on using it with Windows(Dual Boot)
do you think it'd work if I physically remove the GPU even tho I set my main display to the iGPU?

Inject Intel
Platform Id 0x12345678
I tried doing what you said in clover instead of clover configurator and it worked! Thanks!

But now another issue.. I got stuck at “2 minutes remaining” during the installation and I remember seeing posts that said just reboot the PC and boot from the new Partition and it should work

For me, it just gets stuck at “29 minutes remaining” in there, what can I do?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back