HP ZBook Studio G5
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear community,

I am new to creating a Hackintosh, so I have very little experience on doing this. However, I have been trying for the last three/four days to make my iGPU work in Mojave. I have an Intel UHD 630 (from an i7 8750H) in my laptop and I can make either two configurations work, neither of which is really nice.

The first config I can get working is with perfect smooth graphics, 1536MB VRAM, able to play video games, but with 16 bit color/color banding on my Display. This config is created by using the CLOVER file I attached a zip.

If I however change my ig-platform-id to 0x16190000 in this config, I have full 24-bit colours but only 7MB of VRAM with lots of graphical errors (the dock is not transparent + some weird lines are appearing throughout the top bar of Safari).

I tried quite a few guides already, none with any success though. So via this post, I hope there is someone out there with the same problem who managed to fix it.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Dear community,

I am new to creating a Hackintosh, so I have very little experience on doing this. However, I have been trying for the last three/four days to make my iGPU work in Mojave. I have an Intel UHD 630 (from an i7 8750H) in my laptop and I can make either two configurations work, neither of which is really nice.

The first config I can get working is with perfect smooth graphics, 1536MB VRAM, able to play video games, but with 16 bit color/color banding on my Display. This config is created by using the CLOVER file I attached a zip.

If I however change my ig-platform-id to 0x16190000 in this config, I have full 24-bit colours but only 7MB of VRAM with lots of graphical errors (the dock is not transparent + some weird lines are appearing throughout the top bar of Safari).

I tried quite a few guides already, none with any success though. So via this post, I hope there is someone out there with the same problem who managed to fix it.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Read up on the FAQ first:

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier - read the FAQ above for proper layout

Link to laptop guide: (use a config.plist from here!)

I have the exact hardware and the EXACT problem, the color banding appears as soon as the UHD630 is accelerated, have been stuck with this for around a week already, nothing seems to be helping.
Things i've tried:
-Numerous EDID injections (through Devices>Properties>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)>AAPL00,override-no-connect), some go black screen others give yellow tint, but never any improvement to gradients and color banding.
-Framebuffer adjustments, specifically (framebuffer-fbmem <00009000>, framebuffer-patch-enable <01000000>, framebuffer-stolenmem <00003001>, framebuffer-unifiedmem <00000080>).
-Spoofing with lilucpu=8 and 16190000 gave me inconclusive results, I couldn't figure out if it was working or not as when it booted my backlight was set to 0% and the whole backlight functionality was missing.
-SwitchResX is an interesting one, it has a functionality to change between billions of colors and millions of colors, when I change to millions of colors the gradients look a bit better, noticeable but not by much.

I'm currently reading on display-link-component-bits and display-pixel-component-bits, the recommended values are <06000000> but are there maybe other values I can try?

I have the exact hardware and the EXACT problem, the color banding appears as soon as the UHD630 is accelerated, have been stuck with this for around a week already, nothing seems to be helping.
Things i've tried:
-Numerous EDID injections (through Devices>Properties>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)>AAPL00,override-no-connect), some go black screen others give yellow tint, but never any improvement to gradients and color banding.
-Framebuffer adjustments, specifically (framebuffer-fbmem <00009000>, framebuffer-patch-enable <01000000>, framebuffer-stolenmem <00003001>, framebuffer-unifiedmem <00000080>).
-Spoofing with lilucpu=8 and 16190000 gave me inconclusive results, I couldn't figure out if it was working or not as when it booted my backlight was set to 0% and the whole backlight functionality was missing.
-SwitchResX is an interesting one, it has a functionality to change between billions of colors and millions of colors, when I change to millions of colors the gradients look a bit better, noticeable but not by much.

I'm currently reading on display-link-component-bits and display-pixel-component-bits, the recommended values are <06000000> but are there maybe other values I can try?

Hi Payloff!

Although not very nice for you, I'm sort of relieved that I'm not the only one out there with this issue! I have tried all of the fixes you mentioned before posting this thread with unsuccessful results as well.

I will continue to try more guides and fixes tomorrow, but if you are able to fix it, please please let me know! I'd very grateful!

Have a good one!

Douwe

Hi Payloff!

Although not very nice for you, I'm sort of relieved that I'm not the only one out there with this issue! I have tried all of the fixes you mentioned before posting this thread with unsuccessful results as well.

I will continue to try more guides and fixes tomorrow, but if you are able to fix it, please please let me know! I'd very grateful!

Have a good one!

Douwe
Yep, I'm going crazy here, but nice to know I'm not alone, will make sure to report back if I find anything.

Can you say what exactly you did?

Upon further investigation I was able to notice <0001619> approach is indeed fixing the color banding and at the same time maintaining the UHD630 acceleration, however in my case it creates an even bigger issue, the display backlight stays completely dark and I was only able to see what was going on by pointing a flash light at the screen.
Perhaps this approach isn't compatible with Coffee Lake... Or maybe I need to use a different WhateverGreen spoof fix, but I honestly have no idea how to build those, anyone know?

(Also found somebody with the same issue).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back