Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a MSI Z170-A Gaming M5 Mobo setup and I just can't get the El Capitan installer to run. It either shows me the 'no entry' sign or I get a progress bar underneath that never progresses...

MSI Z170-A Gaming M5
EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW
i5 6500 3.2Ghz
16GB (2x8GB) G Skill

I've tried a UniBeast install with and without the Nvidia Graphics configuration.

Tried nv_disable=1 and also tried selecting the USB options in PCI devices (in Clover options) with no success. Also now tried two different USB sticks - one 2.0 and another 3.0. Both same result. Also tried them in various ports, mainly using the 2.0 ports. Same result there also.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Finally, after going back and trying this again I managed to get the installer to run and successfully installed Mac OSX 10.11.5 El Capitan!

Now comes new issues... The main one being no audio!

The Motherboard is a Skylake one as listed above - MSI Z170A Gaming M5 and uses Realtek ALC1150.

In Multibeast I have installed audio driver alc1150 as well as '100 series audio' from the same list. I am able to change the volume using the volume keys, and select from different line in/out sources in settings but none of which produce any audio.

When I try to play a YouTube video it stays stuck at 0:00. Why would this be? I am guessing it has something to do with the audio problem...

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I got the same problem. How can you make it to the step that finish installation ?

I got the same problem. How can you make it to the step that finish installation ?

I wish I could say! It didn't install perfectly first time though - I got the 'no entry' sign when trying at first and then when trying a second time, nothing setup differently, I got the progress bar that went all the way through to the installation setup where it installed it fine from then on!

I do however keep getting the 'no entry' sign after the Apple logo appears when trying to boot. I would say this occurs 50% of the time I boot up and I have no idea why. The fact that this experience has been very hit and miss for me will probably lead me to giving up sadly.

The no audio problem still remains for me and the fact that it doesn't always boot up due to the no entry sign really kills any motivation I have to persist with it.

I search all the forum but I couldn't found any solution to reach the installer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back