GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I've got El Capitan up & running on my HD (Clover with boot0ss in MBR, legacy mode) together with Windows 8 on a seperate HD, and booting into each works fine. The problem is however the screen resolution I've got by El Captain as my hardware supports HD-resolution but can't get that working (in Windows 8.1 I've got HD resolution). Setting 1920x1080 inside config.plist doesn't change anything:

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI#gui_screenresolution

And I'm stuck with 1024x768 no matter what I set...

And in the past while using Mavericks with Chimera I used to have that resolution and I hope that should be somehow possible in El Capitan with Clover.

Any thoughts?

Hi

I've got El Capitan up & running on my HD (Clover with boot0ss in MBR, legacy mode) together with Windows 8 on a seperate HD, and booting into each works fine. The problem is however the screen resolution I've got by El Captain as my hardware supports HD-resolution but can't get that working (in Windows 8.1 I've got HD resolution). Setting 1920x1080 inside config.plist doesn't change anything:

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI#gui_screenresolution

And I'm stuck with 1024x768 no matter what I set...

And in the past while using Mavericks with Chimera I used to have that resolution and I hope that should be somehow possible in El Capitan with Clover.

Any thoughts?

It sounds like you don't have QE/CI implemented.

It sounds like you don't have QE/CI implemented.

I have to stick to

Code:
nv_disable=1

as otherwise I'll get a grey screen while booting up. Used to do the same in the past with Mavericks:

Code:
GraphicsEnabler=No

Was it this what you meant?

I have to stick to

Code:
nv_disable=1

as otherwise I'll get a grey screen while booting up. Used to do the same in the past with Mavericks:

Code:
GraphicsEnabler=No

Was it this what you meant?

Not possible to implement Nvidia QE/CI with nv_disable=1.

Not possible to implement Nvidia QE/CI with nv_disable=1.

Thanks for your answer. I looked a bit further into this. Right now I've got one config.plist which boots perfectly with low screen resolution, and one config-with-hd.plist which boots in HD quality but then hangs later on.

Maybe you know which section of config-with-hd.plist I should take over into config.plist so that I can boot properly with HD quality?

Attachments

• config-with-hd.plist
    16.4 KB · Views: 134
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 191
Thanks for your answer. I looked a bit further into this. Right now I've got one config.plist which boots perfectly with low screen resolution, and one config-with-hd.plist which boots in HD quality but then hangs later on.

Maybe you know which section of config-with-hd.plist I should take over into config.plist so that I can boot properly with HD quality?

Nvidia drivers don't load with nv_disable=1. No expectation of working graphics without the drivers loading.

I'm not familiar with common issues/solutions for Nvidia (I don't have any such hardware). And your hardware is really old... You might use google to come up with information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back