3.69 GHz Intel Core i5 4690K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1024 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I installed the NVIDIA web drivers since I got a new graphics card from my Hack Pro, it gets up to the end of loading into El Capitan and ready to boot into the finder but then my screen has no signal. Before installing the web drivers it would reboot back to the bios screen and it would give me some kind of error when getting back into the finder using my old graphics card.

I have tried booting it using the flag nvda_drv=1 and it still does the same thing. Could someone please point me in the right direction as to what I should be doing to solve my issue?

Thank you in advance

I have even install Nvidia CUDA to see if that would help with no avail. I have tried nv_disable=1 but it keeps reverting to nvda_drv=1 when I go back into Clover's settings. Sometimes it boots into a black screen, sometimes it boots to a "no signal screen".I'm at a wits end on what to do. Do I reinstall El Cap? Change something in Clover configurator?
Probably should note that I'm using a system definition of MacPro 3,1

Last edited:
double check you nvidia web drivers matches your OS X version,open Clover configurator, mount your efi partition, select your config.plist, go to boot-select NVDA_DRV=1, save your .plist and reboot, wish this could help.

double check you nvidia web drivers matches your OS X version,open Clover configurator, mount your efi partition, select your config.plist, go to boot-select NVDA_DRV=1, save your .plist and reboot, wish this could help.
I'm positive that I installed the correct drivers for the version of OS X that I have installed. Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work unfortunately :( . I can't even get it to boot into OS X with my old GPU now, even using the boot flag nv_disable=1. I feel like I have to do a fresh install of OS X by the sound of it?
EDIT: I got it to boot back into OS X using the flag dart=0 nvda_drv=1. But I had to put a space at the begining of the flag otherwise it would change to _art=0. So would that mean that I should try with my new gpu again and put a space before the nvda_drv=1 flag?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back