2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Classic
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
iv'e got everything else up and running right now, but i can't get the ethernet to work. i ran the Lnx2max v0.0.90 from the newest multibeast, but it still doesn't find the ethernet. i've pulled the wifi adapter from another hack to get online with it, but i would prefer to have the built in ethernet running, thoughts?

i have tried both the lin2mac and the apple kexts from the newest multibeast, and still nothing.only my wifi shows in the network pane (when clicking on the plus, only shows, wifi and my bluetooth)

no one has ideas...

i did a fresh install on a new drive, and it still didn't come up, looks like i'm going to have to find a pcie1x card.

i did a fresh install on a new drive, and it still didn't come up, looks like i'm going to have to find a pcie1x card.

Did you check the list of devices under 'Network Preferences'? Does it show an Ethernet device or not?

The Lnx2Mac network kext works fine.

this is what i get:

I'm having the identical issue. I have been running on wifi in the meantime, but would ideally use ethernet. I have used this rig with no ethernet issues for 2+ years, then when I updated to 10.8.3 the issue began. Ethernet does actually work occasionally (random startups at random), but only at a reduced speed (5 mbps according to speedtest.net).

When I run a system report, I see "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed." under Ethernet, except when ethernet works occasionally as described above. On installation, I generally use the Lnx2Mac kext, but have tried the Realtek kext as well with the same result.

P55M-UD4, Intel i5-760, GTX 460

I'm having the identical issue. I have been running on wifi in the meantime, but would ideally use ethernet. I have used this rig with no ethernet issues for 2+ years, then when I updated to 10.8.3 the issue began. Ethernet does actually work occasionally (random startups at random), but only at a reduced speed (5 mbps according to speedtest.net).

When I run a system report, I see "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed." under Ethernet, except when ethernet works occasionally as described above. On installation, I generally use the Lnx2Mac kext, but have tried the Realtek kext as well with the same result.

P55M-UD4, Intel i5-760, GTX 460

Yeah, i've had mine show up 1 time, but it just blinked between connected and not over and over, then after a reboot, it was gone again.

iv'e got everything else up and running right now, but i can't get the ethernet to work. i ran the Lnx2max v0.0.90 from the newest multibeast, but it still doesn't find the ethernet. i've pulled the wifi adapter from another hack to get online with it, but i would prefer to have the built in ethernet running, thoughts?

I had the same issue over a year ago when I built one of my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 based hacks. The onboard Ethernet just wasn't there. I finally decided it was dead and added a PCIe Ethernet card (a Rosewill RC-401-EX, which is based on a Marvell Yukon chipset and is recognized OOB by Mac OS X).

well, a local store had 8111c 10/100/1000 mic on sale for $10 so i bought one. installed it and turned off the onboard in the bios, booted up and worked just fine (still had the lnx2mac drivers installed) so looks like the onboard 8111e is in fact dead.

EDIT: spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back