Contribute
Register

Can't get better res than 1024x768 with HD-4000 graphics & GraphicsEnabler=No option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7 QuadCore
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I was able to build and boot from hard disk Mountain Lion ONLY with GraphicsEnabler=No setting on my GiGaByte GA-Z77-DS3H and i7 processor with built-in Intel HD-4000 graphics. If I don't choose this GraphicsEnabler=No option during MultiBeast installation, OS-X booting from hard disk would hang at the Apple logo white screen spinwheel (boot stuck at "macx_swapon success" prompt in boot verbose mode). The problem with after booting into OS-X with GraphicsEnabler=No is that no other resolution selections for graphics scaling other than 1024x768 is available to choose in the OS-X System preference setting. I don't know what am I missing as this is my first time building a hackintosh.

I'm using the VGA port on the motherboard and connect it to my Samsung 24" 16x9 monitor. I read some posts here that I have to use the DVI port on the motherboard to get higher resolution but the person said that DVI to VGA adapter will not work as output of the motherboard is DVI-D so do I need a different monitor as I have a 24" Samsung monitor with a VGA connector? I wonder if this is why only 1024x768 is available on OS-X as I have a VGA connection to the monitor.

Thank you, the community, for your help and pointers.

Below are my system settings and multibeast installation options chosen.
BIOS Settings

Latest BIOS: version F9 (2012/09/27 update)

• Save & Exit / Load Optimized Defaults
  • Peripherals / SATA Mode Selection - AHCI
  • BIOS Features / Intel Virtualization Technology - Disabled
  • BIOS Features / VT-d - Disabled
  • XHCI handoff - Enabled
  • EHCI handoff - Enabled
  • Intel Graphics - Auto
  • Internal Graphics Memory Size - 64MB
  • Init Display First - Auto

MultiBeast

Using version 5.2.1.

• DSDT-Free Installation
  • ALC887/888b Current
  • TRIM Enabler (not sure if I need to set this for my Samsung SSD)
  • Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet
  • GraphicsEnabler=No

osx dosnt support vga .only dvi/hdmi will need graphics=yes for hd4000 set bois to onboard not auto gl

Thank you for your pointers. It was the VGA connection I have that threw me off. When I connect the monitor using the DVI-D on the motherboard along with GarphicsEnable=Yes and enable 1080P display option using Multibeast, the system boots at 1080 mode with other selectable resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back