PowerColor HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I have tried so many things now, but I just can't get my HD 5770 (PowerColor) to work. I have installed EasyBeast with some slight Tweaks. My SMBIOS is on 3,1 Mac Pro. My Graphics Card gets detected correctly as 5770HD 1024MB.

I still doesn't work. Flickering, no OpenGL, it just seems that the card is unsupported, but I know it isn't. I tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but without any success.

Further, I have to boot in Safe Mode with -x, otherwise I will get a Bluetooth Controller Transport Missing error (Just after DSMOS arrived, looks like a Graphics problem).

Does anyone know how to help ?
(Specs in Profile, OSX 10.9 Mavericks)

Thanks in advance

Have you tried getting the DSDT for your board, I have this card and it works flawless without any editing by me. I just ran MultiBeast with the DSDT for my board and that was it. Have a search on the forum, I'm sure you will find the solution.

I, too, am using 5770 in Mavericks without any problems. GE=No works with AtiPorts=4 is all I needed; the latter is to use the DP connector. The 5770 is the Gigabyte "Batmobile" model as described in my Batman build description.

Many thanks for your answers. I have some trouble installing the DSDT. I ruined my Install, so I did a fresh install and I'm back now :)

I have nothing installed yet, because I always have trouble installing the DSDT from PJalms with MaciASL.
Could you just explain what I have to do ? Do I need Chameleon to work with Chameleon wizard or does Chimera (I know its chameleon based) with the wizard as well.

I literally can't find more advice to my board than I already found. MSRs is unlocked. Which UniBeast Options should I install (Specially the DSDT ?)

Thanks again :)

Many thanks for your answers. I have some trouble installing the DSDT. I ruined my Install, so I did a fresh install and I'm back now :)

I have nothing installed yet, because I always have trouble installing the DSDT from PJalms with MaciASL.
Could you just explain what I have to do ? Do I need Chameleon to work with Chameleon wizard or does Chimera (I know its chameleon based) with the wizard as well.

I literally can't find more advice to my board than I already found. MSRs is unlocked. Which UniBeast Options should I install (Specially the DSDT ?)

As per the DSDT for your board,I wouldn't know where to find it if its not listed here on this site and I don't know how to extract one from ones board. I would suggest if you are up and running maverick in a fashion, clone your settings thus far in case of trashing what you have at this stage, rerun multi beast DSDT Free and try different settings for the 5770 under graphics. Maybe someone here has the same board as you and can offer a much better solution or work around than mine - Good luck.

I had a look here and your Board is not listed, maybe someone here with your Board can offer some help on that score (you must know your bios version). Personally I would reinstall Mavericks and run MultiBeast DSDT free and under Graphics try different settings or Clone what you have now and rerun MultiBeast DSDT free and experiment with the graphics settings. Sorry thats all I can offer, good luck.

Hey esafeddie,

no worries. I have not expect you to answer me again, you already helped me in the first place. I will actually follow your advice now. I have found a DSDT (I told you before, it's in PJALMS Repository :) ) which is reported to work 100%. The problem was: I couldn't even get the right MultiBeast options, they all cause me trouble in the first place.

Now, I managed to install some options (very few) and it works. Graphics Support with Mac Mini 6,1 on Chimera, without any Bootflags, it runs like a beast. I install everything carefully, step by step and see if it works (trial and error) and document every thing which works.

I will post a Successful build and a very detailed instructions on how to do it, if I succeed. For now, I still don't have sound and my Sleep doesn't work yet, but PJALM stated, that those won't work without DSDT, but will work after installing his DSDT.

I will report back, just if your interested on how it all goes.

Hey esafeddie,

no worries. I have not expect you to answer me again, you already helped me in the first place. I will actually follow your advice now. I have found a DSDT (I told you before, it's in PJALMS Repository :) ) which is reported to work 100%. The problem was: I couldn't even get the right MultiBeast options, they all cause me trouble in the first place.

Now, I managed to install some options (very few) and it works. Graphics Support with Mac Mini 6,1 on Chimera, without any Bootflags, it runs like a beast. I install everything carefully, step by step and see if it works (trial and error) and document every thing which works.

I will post a Successful build and a very detailed instructions on how to do it, if I succeed. For now, I still don't have sound and my Sleep doesn't work yet, but PJALM stated, that those won't work without DSDT, but will work after installing his DSDT.

I will report back, just if your interested on how it all goes.

Very happy you are getting some results with your build, trust me when you get it all up and running to your satisfaction, you will be patting your self on the back, which will also make your future builds a little easier - a lot of this stuff is trial and error and finding what works for your particular build with the help of the folks on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back