Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I am at my wit's end trying to get an Apple Thunderbolt Display working with my GA-Z87X-UD5 TH motherboard. I feel like I have done everything I need to do to get this monitor working and it just won't have it.

I did the following:

*Installed Windows 7 first and installed Thunderbolt drivers to activate the Thunderbolt ports.
*Enabled Legacy Mode in the security pull-down menu in the UEFI Thunderbolt settings.
*Physically removed my discrete GPU, added IGPEnabler=Yes boot flag to properly enable my HD4600 Intel integrated video.
*Blackmagic Intensity Extreme is working via Thunderbolt, so I know these ports are Thunderbolt capable. Card appears under the PCI Cards category in System Information as expected.

What's kooky about this whole thing is that I can display video out from the Thunderbolt ports using a mini display port connection. So my guess is that while they are working, they're sending out a MDP signal rather than a Thunderbolt one, hence why the ATD isn't working. I just have no idea where to go from here.

Thanks!

Hey bee,

Did you ever get this working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back