Contribute
Register

Can't find /System/Library/kernels/kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem. Found this thread and thought it was because of me doing the 10.10.1 -> 10.10.2 update in a RAID0 setup. However, it turns out it was the graphics cards causing it in the end! (Geforce GTX 980).

So when I finally tried to just put in "nv_disable=1", the sucker booted up. I then just installed the new Nvidia drivers and BOOM, it worked again without errors or boot flags. :headbang:

Wish I would have figured this out before driving the 5 hours to my friend who I built it for to fix it for him.. :shifty:

IMG_0983.jpg

I had this problem. Found this thread and thought it was because of me doing the 10.10.1 -> 10.10.2 update in a RAID0 setup. However, it turns out it was the graphics cards causing it in the end! (Geforce GTX 980).

So when I finally tried to just put in "nv_disable=1", the sucker booted up. I then just installed the new Nvidia drivers and BOOM, it worked again without errors or boot flags. :headbang:

Wish I would have figured this out before driving the 5 hours to my friend who I built it for to fix it for him.. :shifty:

View attachment 126749

Thank you so much for your reply!

I kid you not ... I was at the end of my rope, thinking about making my computer a Windows only box. Your tip about nvidia got me over the hump and now my Hackintosh is running like a champ!

:headbang: You rock! :headbang:

for anyone had same config with mine, my bootflags for z77-ds3h+EVGA Nvidia 560Ti, was only -v graphicsenabler=yes PCIRootUID=0. and my yosemite is running flawlessly, even sleep works fine. *dancing*
without PCIRootUID=0, i got blankscreen and nvidia card wasn't mentioned during booting.

I noticed that if I booted with certain boot flags I would get different errors. I only used these one at a time to rule them out: npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -f, -v.

"GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f" is what worked for me.

**EDIT**

The issue seems to be with the video card stuffs. Found some useful information on a youtube comment here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJDbSuW7lbE

Most likely related to nvidia. Try using nv_disable=1 in your kernel flags, if it boots but video is very slow and resolution is wrong, this confirms it. Try downloading the nvidia web drivers and remove nv_disable=1.[]/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I noticed that if I booted with certain boot flags I would get different errors. I only used these one at a time to rule them out: npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -f, -v.

**EDIT**

The issue seems to be with the video card stuffs. Found some useful information on a youtube comment here:

Most likely related to nvidia. Try using nv_disable=1 in your kernel flags, if it boots but video is very slow and resolution is wrong, this confirms it. Try downloading the nvidia web drivers and remove nv_disable=1.[]/QUOTE]
Hey man,
I got the exactly same problem and did all you said, Do you have an idea what else could cause the problem? B.t.w I'm booting to that usb using Chameleon v2.2

Last edited:

**EDIT**

Hey man,
I got the exactly same problem and did all you said, Do you have an idea what else could cause the problem? B.t.w I'm booting to that usb using Chameleon v2.2

Unbeast Dosen't Not Work If You Download Them I Try and Try But Gets Error And Shuts My Laptop Off Every time Don't Know Why!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back