Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am using HP pavilion dv6. I tried to change the sata to achi but on hp support they say by default my laptop is sata achi and theres no way to change it. I have very limited options on my bios and i am using legacy bios. Can anyone help?

I am using HP pavilion dv6. I tried to change the sata to achi but on hp support they say by default my laptop is sata achi and theres no way to change it. I have very limited options on my bios and i am using legacy bios. Can anyone help?

here is my spec

Gather your PCI device-id list with 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal. Report back with the results. I may have a solution for the HP raid problem.

Gather your PCI device-id list with 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal. Report back with the results. I may have a solution for the HP raid problem.

Sorry im using windows 8 not linux. Would you mind telling me how to get PCI device on win8? Im not so sure about windows. I tried to search on net but it has GUI. I think that is the device manager GUI?

Sorry im using windows 8 not linux. Would you mind telling me how to get PCI device on win8? Im not so sure about windows. I tried to search on net but it has GUI. I think that is the device manager

You can make a Linux USB for free. It is the best/quickest way.

Ow i see.. the bootable linux live cd. Thanks. Im gonna download ubuntu now and create a usb live. This make take a while. But ill get back as soon as i get the device ids

Ow i see.. the bootable linux live cd. Thanks. Im gonna download ubuntu now and create a usb live. This make take a while. But ill get back as soon as i get the device ids

Hi Im back. sorry it took a while. the list is on attach file

I would like to add though. I think it might help. Before i booted my ubuntu on usb. I notice it says (UEFI) this is very confusing. I check my bios. And it says legacy=enabled. Now if i disabled this it means my bios will use EUFI for windows 8 and higher. Right now i really dont know if my bios is legacy or EUFI. But im pretty sure when i check my bios on some windows command it says legacy. I really hope you can help me.

Attachments

• pcilist.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 227
Hi Im back. sorry it took a while. the list is on attach file

I would like to add though. I think it might help. Before i booted my ubuntu on usb. I notice it says (UEFI) this is very confusing. I check my bios. And it says legacy=enabled. Now if i disabled this it means my bios will use EUFI for windows 8 and higher. Right now i really dont know if my bios is legacy or EUFI. But im pretty sure when i check my bios on some windows command it says legacy. I really hope you can help me.

Yes, your SATA controller is running in HP raid mode: vendor-id 8086, device-id 0x282a.

You can use the HPRAIDInjector.kext that I posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...-envy-dv6-7202se-compatible-6.html#post652734

You will need to install it to your Unibeast USB. Install to /Extra/Extensions on the USB and give it a try. Usually the Extra folder is hidden so you need to use Finder's Go to Folder and type the path explicitly. If you named your USB 'Installer' you would type '/Volumes/Installer/Extra/Extensions'

Alternately you can unhide some things on the USB in Terminal:

Code:
# again assuming you called it Installer
sudo chflags -R nohidden /Volumes/Installer/Extra
sudo chflags -R nohidden /Volumes/Installer/System

Hi Im back. sorry it took a while and i reply to my own post reply(silly me). the list is on attach file

Attachments

• pcilist.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 281
Hi Im back. sorry it took a while and i reply to my own post reply(silly me). the list is on attach file

Hopefully you read post #7.

Yes, your SATA controller is running in HP raid mode: vendor-id 8086, device-id 0x282a.

You can use the HPRAIDInjector.kext that I posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...-envy-dv6-7202se-compatible-6.html#post652734

You will need to install it to your Unibeast USB. Install to /Extra/Extensions on the USB and give it a try. Usually the Extra folder is hidden so you need to use Finder's Go to Folder and type the path explicitly. If you named your USB 'Installer' you would type '/Volumes/Installer/Extra/Extensions'

Alternately you can unhide some things on the USB in Terminal:

Code:
# again assuming you called it Installer
sudo chflags -R nohidden /Volumes/Installer/Extra
sudo chflags -R nohidden /Volumes/Installer/System

Ok ill try that and see if it works. I hope it does. ill get back if theres any problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back