Contribute
Register

Can't find Mountain Lion SSD after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Your having IntelCPUMonitor on there was probably remnants of your previous SL install. Always remember to erase your partition before installing so you're certain there is nothing left from the previous install on it.

Okay at this point I've erased the drive, no worries it was clean, and have been successful at installing ML, however I have crashed the machine a couple of times now after installing Multibeast in the variation that I believe is best for the machine.

Here's what I've been installing:
DSDT-Free Installation
ALC898 (Without-DSDT)
3rd Party SATA
IOACHIBlockStorageInjector
NVIDIA Retail 304.00.....
FakeSMC v5.2.725
NullCPUPowerManagement
Intel - hnak's AppleIntelEth.....
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS....

Okay at this point I've erased the drive, no worries it was clean, and have been successful at installing ML, however I have crashed the machine a couple of times now after installing Multibeast in the variation that I believe is best for the machine.

Here's what I've been installing:
DSDT-Free Installation
ALC898 (Without-DSDT)
3rd Party SATA
IOACHIBlockStorageInjector
NVIDIA Retail 304.00.....
FakeSMC v5.2.725
NullCPUPowerManagement
Intel - hnak's AppleIntelEth.....
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS....

Well, without knowing the nature of the crash (picture of the KP, what you were doing at the time, etc), there is no advice I can give...

Instead of installing a bulk of items from Multibeast it is better to install only the essentials and then install other things as necessary to fix particular issues/hardware not working.

Well, without knowing the nature of the crash (picture of the KP, what you were doing at the time, etc), there is no advice I can give...

Instead of installing a bulk of items from Multibeast it is better to install only the essentials and then install other things as necessary to fix particular issues/hardware not working.

The crash happens as such. I type in -v and watch as the initial boot process goes to town and completes its process. It then goes to the Apple logo screen and then jumps to a white screen which does not change.

The crash happens as such. I type in -v and watch as the initial boot process goes to town and completes its process. It then goes to the Apple logo screen and then jumps to a white screen which does not change.

Does it happen every time? I got the impression from your previous message that your "crash" was intermittent.

But sounds like a graphics problem. I'm not that familiar with discrete cards (amd/nvidia), but I believe your card requires GraphicsEnabler=No (I could be wrong, but it is something to try).

Does it happen every time? I got the impression from your previous message that your "crash" was intermittent.

But sounds like a graphics problem. I'm not that familiar with discrete cards (amd/nvidia), but I believe your card requires GraphicsEnabler=No (I could be wrong, but it is something to try).

This happens only after running Multibeast. I don't need to add any extra commands happen before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back