EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings everyone!

I am having troubles with my hackintosh after installing 10.8.1.

Here are my pc's specs:

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Crucial V4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x2

Now then, the problem is that whenever I try to boot the SSD from the USB stick (as required in the steps) I get this message after -v.

Code:
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file: [hd(1,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache 4096 bytes.
Can't find
Press a key to continue...

The installation of Mountain Lion seemed to go just fine. Any ideas?

Greetings everyone!

I am having troubles with my hackintosh after installing 10.8.1.

Here are my pc's specs:

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Crucial V4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x2

Now then, the problem is that whenever I try to boot the SSD from the USB stick (as required in the steps) I get this message after -v.

Code:
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file: [hd(1,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache 4096 bytes.
Can't find
Press a key to continue...

The installation of Mountain Lion seemed to go just fine. Any ideas?

Try booting with "-f"

"-F"? "-f" reset back to the USB boot page. I then tried running with "-F -v" and ended up getting this message.

Code:
IntelCPUMonitor: [Warning] Unsupported Intel processor found, kext will not load
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 0708257AB490712 0x13fe 0x4100 0x100

I am thinking that I might just go ahead and start over again from the beginning, do you think that'd work?

"-f" is ignore caches. I'm not sure what "-F" is, if anything. Boot flags are case sensitive.

Start over if you want. You have very little invested in this install at this point...

BTW, I do not know why you have IntelCPUMonitor.kext installed. It is not included in either current Unibeast or current Multibeast. Where did you get your copy of ML?

I got my copy 'bout 3 days back. However, I must note that this is a build off of Snow Leopard...that prolly has something to do with this then doesn't it....

EDIT:

Doesn't matter, I erased the drive and am doing a direct install of Mountain Lion.

Okay, so now Mountain Lion is installed and everything appears to be all hunky-dory in the neighborhood. I had to boot up the SSD in safe-mode for it to work correctly but other than that my only question now pertains to what items I need to select in the Multibeast installer.
I know thus far that I need to click on DSDT-Free but that's about it.

Okay, so now Mountain Lion is installed and everything appears to be all hunky-dory in the neighborhood. I had to boot up the SSD in safe-mode for it to work correctly but other than that my only question now pertains to what items I need to select in the Multibeast installer.
I know thus far that I need to click on DSDT-Free but that's about it.

I would look for a guide that has hardware similar to yours... Use search.

I asked where you got your copy of ML, not when. Did you purchase/download it from the Mac App Store?

I would look for a guide that has hardware similar to yours... Use search.

I asked where you got your copy of ML, not when. Did you purchase/download it from the Mac App Store?

I'll begin looking. Yes I got from the Mac App Store.

I'll begin looking. Yes I got from the Mac App Store.

OK. Your having IntelCPUMonitor on there was probably remnants of your previous SL install. Always remember to erase your partition before installing so you're certain there is nothing left from the previous install on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back