HD5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After update clover to latest version, in clover boot screen, there is no disk which chosen to boot. I've tried many Clover versions, the latest work well version is 3526. What happen after 3526 led to fail to boot??

Hello Rehabman.

I'm having the same problem, every Clover update breaks my setup, no longer the partition appears at the Clover menu screen, only the Windows partition appears, I have formatted the EFI partition to Fat32, reinstalled Clover and everything works again, if a new Clover update is available and I update it breaks everything again, whats wrong?

EDIT:

I have found the root cause to this problem (FINALLY). After every Clover update the HFSPlus.efi gets deleted from the folder drivers64UEFI, lucky me I had it on my downloads folder and reinstalled it and everything is back to normal.

This didn't happened before, how can I avoid this?

Last edited:
Hello Rehabman.

I'm having the same problem, every Clover update breaks my setup, no longer the partition appears at the Clover menu screen, only the Windows partition appears, I have formatted the EFI partition to Fat32, reinstalled Clover and everything works again, if a new Clover update is available and I update it breaks everything again, whats wrong?

EDIT:

I have found the root cause to this problem (FINALLY). After every Clover update the HFSPlus.efi gets deleted from the folder drivers64UEFI, lucky me I had it on my downloads folder and reinstalled it and everything is back to normal.

This didn't happened before, how can I avoid this?

Make sure you always check that HFSPlus.efi is installed.

I don't know what you mean by "Clover update", but then you fix it by "reinstalled Clover"....

The only correct way to update Clover is to run the Clover installer...

Make sure you always check that HFSPlus.efi is installed.

I don't know what you mean by "Clover update", but then you fix it by "reinstalled Clover"....

The only correct way to update Clover is to run the Clover installer...

Excuse my bad English, what I meant was that after updating Clover to a newer version (downloading and running the install package) the HFSPlus.efi gets deleted from the drivers64UEFI folder. Since this kept happening after updating to a newer version of Clover I had to basically delete everything and run the installer again and put back everything (kexts etc).

But yesterday after replying to this thread I went on to investigate and found that the HFSPlus.efi was not present in the drivers64UEFI folder and like I said this never happened before after updating to a newer version of Clover.

Excuse my bad English, what I meant was that after updating Clover to a newer version (downloading and running the install package) the HFSPlus.efi gets deleted from the drivers64UEFI folder. Since this kept happening after updating to a newer version of Clover I had to basically delete everything and run the installer again and put back everything (kexts etc).

But yesterday after replying to this thread I went on to investigate and found that the HFSPlus.efi was not present in the drivers64UEFI folder and like I said this never happened before after updating to a newer version of Clover.

Perhaps the Clover installer is assuming you're using VboxHFS? Make sure only HFSPlus.efi exists.

Perhaps the Clover installer is assuming you're using VboxHFS? Make sure only HFSPlus.efi exists.

So, do I delete the VboxHFS? Because it is there on the folder too.

Remove VboxHFS and put HFSPlus.efi in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI.

I deleted VboxHFS from the folder, I already had the HFSPlus.efi on it, hopes this fix things in the future when installing a new version of Clover, thanks for the reply VoiletDragon.

:thumbup:

I deleted VboxHFS from the folder, I already had the HFSPlus.efi on it, hopes this fix things in the future when installing a new version of Clover, thanks for the reply VoiletDragon.

:thumbup:

That is correct. Recommend checking EFI/Clover when updating just to be sure that its correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back