Contribute
Register

Can't find a graphic card that works.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I have been using a 9400 GT 1gb ddr2. But I would like to update to a more powerful card. However I have tried 3 cards:

ASUS 5770
EVGA 460 GTX (didn't do much research on this one) :banghead:
ATI Radeon 5770 (which is my secondary card right now to 9400)

I can't figure out how to make this 5770 work. I have tried all the install methods listed in the "easy install for 57xx" thread. No offense to anyone who wrote these but they aren't working for my build, which is listed in my signature. I am an editor in FCP so I would like a powerful card that works with OSX. I do have a MB if that helps any. My budget is going to be around $200 or so. I would like a 1gb card.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a pretty stable setup right now but I can't get my monitors native resolution of 1920x1080.

I would troubleshoot the 5770. No point buying a card when you have one that SHOULD work.

If you cannot troubleshoot that (there are plenty of people to help you here!) then you may have issues with any other card.

But do not buy another until you are sure the 5770 is not working due to some weird and crazy non-reference design or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back