Graphics
ATI 5970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys. This is my second attempt to setup my hackintosh with my AsRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 and 2600k. I'm using UniBeast, installing on a standard 8gb usb stick.

I can't even get to the installer. Boot freezes at NullCPUManagement::start every time.

I've educated myself and tried everything I can think of, and have Googled deep to no avail. I've used every permutation of flags such as GraphicsEnabler, PCIRootUID, -x, -f, npci=0x03000 that exist.

I've tried booting with three graphics cards.

1. Nvidia GTX 285
  2. ATI 5970
  3. Intel Integrated Graphics

I've toyed with BIOS, turning off all the stepsteps, made sure SATA was in AHCI, turned off any OC,etc.

I removed the nullCpuManagement kext from the unibeast usb.
This causes it to freeze at the preceding line, where it skips loading kext com.apple.filesystems.webdav. I removed all the graphics kexts as a test - this did nothing. I've recreated my boot drive twice. I've unplugged all my sata drives. Nothing affects this situation.

The worst part is that I'd gotten this build to work earlier this year. I have no idea where to go from here. Thanks for your help.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hi,

do you have updated to the latest BIOS available for your Mainboard? Also worth a try would be to look for a DSDT for your Mainboard and put it on the installer (don't forget to edit the org.Chameleon.boot.plist)

If you still can't proceed with the installer, boot with "-v" and post a photo of your display when it crashes.

egrath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back