Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all
Trying to install SL on my ivy bridge i5 with a MSI z77-g55 mobo. Have a gtx560ti in the first pci slot. Am running 4gb of ram in the first slot and have unplugged all other drives and peripherals.

I also set the bios to optimised defaults and made sure my cd drive is the first boot device and the ssd is the 2nd.

I run off iBoot, wait till the iBoot screen is loaded and then eject and put in my retail SL disk. I've tried using the -v -x switches but the screen is so fast with the text I can't see if there's a panic...it just goes to a blck screen

Any ideas??

Unfortunately, Mac OS X doesn't support Ivy Bridge processors. Tonymacx86 released Bridge Helper to allow people to boot into the Mac OS X installer, but it only works for Mac OS X Lion (as far as I know). As you can see by this Ivy Bridge installation guide, you have to own an existing Mac or Hackintosh to set up Mac OS X on a Ivy Bridge Hackintosh.

TheSmartGuy said:
Unfortunately, Mac OS X doesn't support Ivy Bridge processors. Tonymacx86 released Bridge Helper to allow people to boot into the Mac OS X installer, but it only works for Mac OS X Lion (as far as I know). As you can see by this Ivy Bridge installation guide, you have to own an existing Mac or Hackintosh to set up Mac OS X on a Ivy Bridge Hackintosh.

Oh man!

Looks like I've hit a dead end!

Don't suppose there's anyone in the uk reading this that can prep me a USB with multibeast as per the guide? I'll pay for the USB and your time???!

Just hate to give up for this small setback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back