Nvidia Quadro K4000 3072 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everybody

Trying to install per the gudes on a clean intel machine. Using iboot and following the instructions to insert the snow leopard disc I received from Apple this morning. Once I press enter, I get to a whitish screen with the apple logo and thats it, nothing happens from there.

I have tried all of the below recommendations from the install guide, and no go.

When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you cannot get to the installation screen, retry from Step 4, type PCIRootUID=1 before hitting enter. If that doesn't work then try PCIRootUID=1 -x or just -x which will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode and will allow you to proceed. For some graphics cards, use GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag to proceed.

Please can anyone help. I really need to get this up and running quickly.

Hardware is as follows

Intel I7-4770K CPU @ 3.5Ghz
Nvidia Quadro K4000/PCIe/SSE2
Current OS Ubuntu 14.04 64Bit
One 120 Gb ssd To take system
ASUS Maximus V1 Hero Motherboard

I have removed other drives, unplugged all peripherals and will be installing onto the SSD which I know will format it, and then once that has completed I will also reinstall Ubuntu.

Douglas

Hi everybody

Trying to install per the gudes on a clean intel machine. Using iboot and following the instructions to insert the snow leopard disc I received from Apple this morning. Once I press enter, I get to a whitish screen with the apple logo and thats it, nothing happens from there.

I have tried all of the below recommendations from the install guide, and no go.

Please can anyone help. I really need to get this up and running quickly.

Hardware is as follows

Intel I7-4770K CPU @ 3.5Ghz
Nvidia Quadro K4000/PCIe/SSE2
Current OS Ubuntu 14.04 64Bit
One 120 Gb ssd To take system
ASUS Maximus V1 Hero Motherboard

I have removed other drives, unplugged all peripherals and will be installing onto the SSD which I know will format it, and then once that has completed I will also reinstall Ubuntu.

Douglas
TropDoug
Well you have what we call the latest and greatest hardware, with that being said Snow Leopard doesn't support it, so that's your main problem. Haswell support in OS x don't begin until Mountain lion later releases so you will have to upgrade to at least mountain lion's latest or Mavericks which I recommend.

So heres the how to do that by using snow leopard to access the mac app store on has well hardware
*Download iboot haswell from here and make your iboot haswell disc the same way you made your regular iboot disc
*Remove your graphics card because it isn't supported and use your integrated graphics and be sure to select it in the bios settings
*load optimized defaults in the bios settings and set the sata controller mode to AHCI and disable VT-D if you can't disable VT-D then boot with dart=0 be sure to select your onboard graphics in the bios setting either IGFX or onboard whatever it says enable HPET and set it to 64 bit if you can set your boot order to boot from cdrom/dvdrom drive first from the bios not only from the boot menu hotkey
*typical haswell install proceedure is as follows
*boot with iboot haswell when you reach the boot menu eject iboot and place your snow leopard retail disc into the tray and close it then hit F5 and select snow leopard disc since your using an asus board boot with these boot flags -x -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 (use dart=0 also if you couldn't disable VT-D from the bios) if your having trouble reaching the installer here is a full list of chimera boot flags give some a try and then complete the installation following the guide.
*reboot with iboot haswell and this time select your new installed snow leopard ssd or hdd and reuse whatever boot flags you needed to reach the installer and complete the setup.
*Run the Mac OS X combo update to 10.6.8 available from here and do not use multibeast
*reboot with iboot haswell and login to mac app store with a valid appleid and download Mavericks 10.9.3
*Install Mavericks 10.9.3 using unibeast method and follow Mavericks guide

Open a new thread in mavericks desktop support if having troubles
Good Luck
Happy Hacking
Carpentry

TropDoug

It maybe wiser to use a standard mechanical HDD for your temporary use of Snow Leopard.
This way you can get SL installed

Many users have had issues w SL installing to SSD's for a variety of reasons.

THen once you have this working - we can download Mavericks and make the UNIBEAST usb boot drive and then install to the SSD.

Thanks so much

OK I have downloaded the haswell Iboot, and starting with all the other bits. One thing confuses me though, I can't find any reference to HPET in the BIOS - even under extreme tweaking, or advanced tabs -- could it be called a different name?

Hmmm from what I can see on various forums including the ROG gaming forum for ASUS boards. Asus has removed the enable/disable options in the BIOS. I don't actually game at all, never have. I use the system for video editing so not sure if HPET is a relevant issue or not. However in the install it may be. I shall try to install again and see what happens.

Thanks for that tip.

I currently have Ubuntu on the ssd (OS only, the /home is on one of the HDD's) If I was to use the other HDD to install SL with the haswell info from Carpentry, and then do as you say and install mavericks to the ssd, would that still wipe out Ubuntu OS and I would have to reinstall that for a dual boot? (I may not actually need to install Ubuntu if mavericks fils my needs of security and stability etc)

Just considering different scenarios.

Thanks so much

OK I have downloaded the haswell Iboot, and starting with all the other bits. One thing confuses me though, I can't find any reference to HPET in the BIOS - even under extreme tweaking, or advanced tabs -- could it be called a different name?

Hmmm from what I can see on various forums including the ROG gaming forum for ASUS boards. Asus has removed the enable/disable options in the BIOS. I don't actually game at all, never have. I use the system for video editing so not sure if HPET is a relevant issue or not. However in the install it may be. I shall try to install again and see what happens.

Asus 7 and 8 series boards have High Precision Event Timer enabled by default at 64 bit, so no need to worry about setting it.

Thanks Going Bald

Just about to start now I have a hdmi cable for the onboard graphics. Fingers crossed.
Doug

Thanks for that tip.

I currently have Ubuntu on the ssd (OS only, the /home is on one of the HDD's) If I was to use the other HDD to install SL with the haswell info from Carpentry, and then do as you say and install mavericks to the ssd, would that still wipe out Ubuntu OS and I would have to reinstall that for a dual boot? (I may not actually need to install Ubuntu if mavericks fils my needs of security and stability etc)

Just considering different scenarios.

TropDoug
You may want to spend some time in this section of the FORUM's for some ideas on Dual Boot ....

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back