Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can't install OS X Lion (GA-Z77X-UD5H)

Hi Guys,

I already tried a few times to install OSX Lion on my new hackintosh. I followed these instructions http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

After setting up the usb drive (i tried both: USB legacy support and not support) I plugged it in and restarted while holding F12. Then I chose USB. After this the apple logo and the "loading sun" appears. For a few seconds the sun is animated, then it stops. That's all. I just can't even get into the install process where I could choose the language.

I furthermore tried to enter safe mode as well as GraphicsEnabler=No, had no luck at all :/

That's what I see:
pic.JPG

System:
Intel i7-3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH5 (already updated Bios to F15o)
Nvidia GTX680 (Asus)

Well, I'm kind of stucked here. I'd really appreciate any advices!

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jan

EDIT
I tried "Boot in Safe mode - type -x" and found some errors, please have a look at the screenshot below
IMGP3159.jpg

System:
Intel i7-3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH5 (already updated Bios to F15o)
Nvidia GTX680 (Asus)

First off, put the System info into your profile properly (see mine)

2nd, it generally is not a boot idea to use a Beta BIOS version (the o at the end is a dead giveaway it's beta)

3rd, you need to remove the 680 while you are installing and use the HD4000 CPU gfx to install with
once you have OS X up and running properly and updated to 10.8.2 you can put the gfx card back in.

Ok, thanks. So first at all I'll downgrade back to F14, then remove the 680... and update profile info.Thanks again, I'll let you know as soon as i tried it.

I finally installed it! Thanks again :)

But I just can't find a fitting DSDT for my mainboard... I just clicked checkboxed. Hope that works :rolleyes:

EDIT
OK, this isn't working at all. I get the bootloader, but after choosing OS X I get "you need to restart your computer..." kernel panig :/

EDIT 2
Reinstall OS X, trying this config http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=62757

I finally installed it! Thanks again :)

But I just can't find a fitting DSDT for my mainboard... I just clicked checkboxed. Hope that works :rolleyes:

EDIT
OK, this isn't working at all. I get the bootloader, but after choosing OS X I get "you need to restart your computer..." kernel panig :/

EDIT 2
Reinstall OS X, trying this config http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=62757

Unless you want audio over HDMI, your board does not need a DSDT.
first pass with MultiBeast select only UserDSDT/NonDSDT and install. repair permissions and reboot.
2nd pass with MB, select the NonDSDT ALC898 and the intel networking and install. repair permissions and reboot.
3rd pass with MB, select the Atheros networking and install to enable your 2nd NIC and install. repair permissions and reboot.

Unless you want audio over HDMI, your board does not need a DSDT.
first pass with MultiBeast select only UserDSDT/NonDSDT and install. repair permissions and reboot.
2nd pass with MB, select the NonDSDT ALC898 and the intel networking and install. repair permissions and reboot.
3rd pass with MB, select the Atheros networking and install to enable your 2nd NIC and install. repair permissions and reboot.

Hi and thanks again. The words marked in red didn't appear in the unibeast dialogue. The ones marked green worked fine. Is that bad or can I just ignore it?

The hackintosh is now booting, graphics working, Lan working. I still have to check sound as well as wifi, both seem not to work right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back