Contribute
Register

Can't enable sleep on H67M-ITX/HT even with proper DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CustoMac HTPC
CPU
i3 2105
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there, I've been struggling with this for a few days and am hoping someone will be able to help me out. I will describe what I've tried:

DSDT Edits

I've tried removing \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOW (Arg0) in the WAK section of the DSDT as others have tried successfully on this board. After installing the DSDT through MultiBeast I reboot, and get stuck at the white Apple logo/spinning wheel. What's weird is that if I'm screen sharing during the process, it will come up, but not in the resolution of the regular monitor. I've tried various boot flags. -v DSDT=No GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No in various combinations. The result is always the same. With -v it always looks like this:

IMG_2175.JPG

I've also tried updating and removing the RealTek kext, it just hangs up at the same spot.

SleepEnabler.kext

I've also tried using the SleepEnabler.kext. That causes an immediate kernel panic. I have tried using the various pmVersion=#. My understanding is that pmVersion=23 would be what I need to use. No luck there.

Please Sleep

Have also tried pleasesleep.app as others have had success with it. Another no-go.

Graphics Mode

I have also edited my chameleon.plist to try and use this GraphicsMode
<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1080x64@60</string>

Someone over at InsanelyMac had luck with this enabling his sleep. Didn't work with mine and I used it in the DSDT process as well.

Attachments

Here is a copy of my .plist
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1080x64@60</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I will also be including a text of my kexts. Any help would be appreciated. I just don't understand why I would not have success with this board/DSDT while others have. Is there something conflicting thats getting in the way? Why also would it boot into Screen Sharing but not display on the normal monitor? I feel that is an indication of something, but I don't know what. I've tried to be thorough to get help here, if there's anything else needed please let me know. Again thanks. I'm willing to try a few things. I make backups and am able to get back into the system in the event of a kernel panic or otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 242
  • Media Box.txt
    17 KB · Views: 316
Odd behavior about being able to screen share but not displaying locally.

A few things for clarification:

-With each change, you're running System Utilities, yes?

-Is there ANYTHING else connected (i.e. peripherals) that could be causing a disturbance in sleep?

Yes with each change I use Kext Wizard to repair the Permissions and Cache. The only peripherals connected are the keyboard and a usb receiver for the mouse. Before doing any kind of tinkering the system will go to sleep. However when it wakes up it's just black screen and it's no longer connected to my network.

One thing I've just noticed though is that in my BIOS settings it was set to PCI instead of Onboard. However that hasn't proved as a problem booting, probably why I didn't notice it. I guess I will try again with the DSDT.

My biggest question is as to why, when other people have reported success removing that line mine seems to fail. Just to make sure I'm taking the appropriate steps, I extract via DSDT Editor, highlight and delete? Of course then compile, fix errors and install. Let me know if that is correct, thanks.

Upon next install, of DSDT, I will try and remove all the peripherals and see what happens.

Nope that's still a no-go, with the Onboard checked via BIOS. No peripherals including network attached.

Shakin_Handz said:
Yes with each change I use Kext Wizard to repair the Permissions and Cache. The only peripherals connected are the keyboard and a usb receiver for the mouse. Before doing any kind of tinkering the system will go to sleep. However when it wakes up it's just black screen and it's no longer connected to my network.

One thing I've just noticed though is that in my BIOS settings it was set to PCI instead of Onboard. However that hasn't proved as a problem booting, probably why I didn't notice it. I guess I will try again with the DSDT.

My biggest question is as to why, when other people have reported success removing that line mine seems to fail. Just to make sure I'm taking the appropriate steps, I extract via DSDT Editor, highlight and delete? Of course then compile, fix errors and install. Let me know if that is correct, thanks.

Upon next install, of DSDT, I will try and remove all the peripherals and see what happens.

Seems obvious, but have you just tried getting a DSDT from another user and trying that? Obviously want to make sure it's the same board (model and revision) and BIOS.

I've tried another user's DSDT but I don't believe it was the HT version. Someone else on this board does have this board. I will reach out to them and see. With the other user's DSDT the result was the same. The gray spinning wheel getting stuck, getting stuck at the same place with -v. This wouldn't be too troublesome because I do have an SSD on this, but this build is an HTPC running my Plex Media Server and I would like to be able to conserve power and be able to Wake On Lan when I want to grab my media elsewhere.

I also tried applying the speed stepper patch, and voodootscsync.kext to see if that worked. No luck. Ah this is driving me nuts. Also tried putting the DSDT in the Extra folder, and put in the proper plist edits for that and it would boot, but sleep still didn't work.

What exactly is the problem with your sleep? What are the symptoms?

If I manually sleep, it will go to sleep. However when I go to turn it on. hit a keyboard whatever, it just goes to black screen. I've tried to look through the console to see if it was a CMOS reset, and the Console has no indication the machine ever went to sleep. But it will go to sleep, however upon waking it will power up but won't display on the screen.

This is the error from the last attempt at sleep in the Console:

4/11/12 8:30:34.721 AM Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back