3. Centris
  4. iBook
  5. LC
  6. Performa
  7. Plus
  8. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First post here -- thanks everyone for a great resource!

I built the CustoMacMini using a GB H67N-USB3-B3 board. Installation of OS with Unibeast went fine. I used the F7 (non HDMI) version of the DSDT file. I then tried installing ALC8xxHDA via Multibeast. I'm not getting audio through any output. In System Preferences, under Sound, there are no output options. What's confusing me is that the System Profiler report identifies the audio hardware correctly. It's as if the computer knows it's there but can't use it.

Then tried installing AppleHDA Rollback but it made no difference.

Also, this may be a dumb question but does the HDMI version of the DSDT file only send audio through the HDMI port or is that just an additional option?

Just tried the HDMI version of the DSDT file. I now have sound!

Don't want to get greedy, but if anyone happens to know how to make the front headphone jack work...

Having a similar problem. Can't get Lion to recognize audio with this board. The install is stable and works very well otherwise. Can anyone offer an easier-to-understand step by step guide to getting the audio working with this board? I'd appreciate it a lot.

My hours of searching have turned up nothing.

I'm having a similar problem... Tried the rollback and other kext fixes... nada. Going to try the HDMI audio DSDT route....

UPDATE
So audio appears to be working.

- went thru the /system/extensions/ and deleted anything that I'd added in previous attempts (ACL889, layout889.xml,platforms.xml)
(restart)
- installed the HDMI DSDT file along with the repair permissions settings. this caused a kernel panic and i needed to restart.
(restart)
- re-ran the HDMI DSDT file with just the default options selected (ie just selecting the manual install of the DSDT file)
(restart)

audio now seems to be working.

macphotophile said:
First post here -- thanks everyone for a great resource!

I built the CustoMacMini using a GB H67N-USB3-B3 board. Installation of OS with Unibeast went fine. I used the F7 (non HDMI) version of the DSDT file. I then tried installing ALC8xxHDA via Multibeast.

Then tried installing AppleHDA Rollback but it made no difference.

Also, this may be a dumb question but does the HDMI version of the DSDT file only send audio through the HDMI port or is that just an additional option?
For onboard audio to work on the h67n, ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA both have to be selected (plus System Utilities). One without the other does not work. If audio does not work, reboot again. If it still isn't working, run MultiBeast a second time with the same options and reboot.

There is no difference between the non HDMI dsdt and the HDMI dsdt with respect to on board audio. The reason on board audio may have started working is attributable more to the reboot rather than the dsdt change.

For HD3000 HDMI audio to work, more than the HDMI dsdt is required; see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=209915#p209915

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back