Graphics
egva
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a working Hackintosh built from lifehacker instructions a few months ago. My problem is that I cannot get the system to boot in 64 bit.
I have edited the com.apple.Boot.plist file and used utilities like sixtyfourswitcher but the system always boots in 32 bit.
The BIOS is set to 64 bit and iboot displays 8Megs of RAM, but after 10.6.8 load I only show 4 Megs of RAM.

Systemprofiler displays macpro 3.1 and changes via multibeast to macpro 4.1 or 5.1 still display macpro 3.1

Any suggestions are appreciated

GiGabyte GA-EP45-UD3P

ak

akatx said:
I have a working Hackintosh built from lifehacker instructions a few months ago. My problem is that I cannot get the system to boot in 64 bit.
I have edited the com.apple.Boot.plist file and used utilities like sixtyfourswitcher but the system always boots in 32 bit.
The BIOS is set to 64 bit and iboot displays 8Megs of RAM, but after 10.6.8 load I only show 4 Megs of RAM.

Systemprofiler displays macpro 3.1 and changes via multibeast to macpro 4.1 or 5.1 still display macpro 3.1

Any suggestions are appreciated

GiGabyte GA-EP45-UD3P

ak
If you are booting with iBoot you will never see more than 4 Gb of ram because iBoot limits you to that, software-wise regardless of how much physical ram you have installed. You need to get booting from hard drive working.

Thanks for the heads up with iboot.

I have tried and tried multiple things to get booting from drive to work with no luck..

I have researched/read so much to the point of confusion.

My boot drive is 2T. - can someone confirm that that is the problem?

Thanks
ak

You have to partition down your 2TB drive or else it will not boot. Try 500gb partitions.

If you have a WD Green drive you will run into boot errors, use only for storage purposes not as a boot drive

:thumbup: .

Thanks for all the TIPs

I have partitioned the 2T into 750MB and 1.2T and now can boot of HD in 64 bit mode

ak

I am back.
Real issues with booting off Drive
When I boot of the HD here are my issues - Any one experience this?
1- sound does not work
2- itunes does not find appleTV (I just updated to 10.5.1)
Memory shows 8Gig

When I boot from iboot
1- Sound works fine
2- Apple TV is found by itunes

Issues with either boot
1-Safari is real slow (spinning wheel) force reload message
2 System Software Overview:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No <---Always NO even with 8Gig showing

ak

Run MultiBeast, select the following:
ALC8xx audio driver
ALCEnabler for 889A
64-bit apple boot screen
macpro3,1

install.

run MultiBeast again and select system utilities and install

Reboot without iBoot

Might need a DSDT from the database or one that has had the audio mods for sound to work with ALC8xxx. Other choice is to use one of the VoodooHDA kexts (iBoot uses one of them - not sure which)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back