Graphics
HD-4000 internal
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I try to download Sierra, I get the following message: "This version of mac OS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer".
Is my hackintosh already too outdated to handle this, or did I miss something?

Gigabyte H77N-wifi
CPU: Intel i5-3570
Graphics: HD-4000 internal
Thanks!

"This version of Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer" probably means that your system definition is that of a Mac that fails to meet the minimum specification to install Sierra.
Suggest you change it to iMac14,2.

"This version of Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer" probably means that your system definition is that of a Mac that fails to meet the minimum specification to install Sierra.
Suggest you change it to iMac14,2.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

When I try to download Sierra, I get the following message: "This version of mac OS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer".
Is my hackintosh already too outdated to handle this, or did I miss something?

Gigabyte H77N-wifi
CPU: Intel i5-3570
Graphics: HD-4000 internal
Thanks!

Hi Garobill

Using Clover Configurator then mount EFI, then you go to /EFI/EFI/Clover and open config.plist then you chang SMSBios to newer systems like imac14.2

Thank,
P.

Attachments

• Clover Configurator.app.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 488
Hi Garobill

Using Clover Configurator then mount EFI, then you go to /EFI/EFI/Clover and open config.plist then you chang SMSBios to newer systems like imac14.2

Thank,
P.
When I try to open my just-downloaded Clover Configurator, I get the message that the program is corrupted and should be trashed:banghead: I was (apparently) able to change my system definition to imac, however, using Multibeast.

I finally managed to download Sierra. I used Clover Configurator as MultiBeast did not work.
In the Clover Configurator you'll need to use the wand in SMSBIOS to create a completely new profile. That way I got it working (for the noobs in Clover Config: first mount your EFI partition, then import your config.plist, then use wand and then save it all).

Hi Garobill

Thank,
P.

Thank you!
I used MultiBeast. Just click on "Customize"/"System Definitions"/"iMac" and check box "iMac 14.2"
Restart and install macOS Sierra.
:D

EDIT: Dont work...
The installation process run, but restart on El Capitan.

EDIT AGAIN: WORK!!!!
I review all process. I forgot to install the new version of Clover.
So... now im running the macOS Sierra 10.12.2.
thank you!

Last edited:
Hello, I've get the same message: "This version of mac OS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer", but I'm running Snow Leopard and it seems the solution implies installing Clover Configurator. The problem is that I cannot try that because I can't find a version of Clover Configurator for Snow Leopard. Any other solutions?
Thanks!!

EDIT: And using Multibeast for Snow Leopard will only let me change my system definition to 12.2 (nowhere near the 14.2 supposedly needed to download Sierra).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back