Contribute
Register

Can't Directly to macOS High Sierra > Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z68V-Pro
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, having issues updating. For hardware using P8z68 with intel 3000 graphics. No external GFX cards at this time. I followed guide put files in appropriate place for legacy boot. However, I don't seem to be getting past Apple Boot loading screen. Select Install MacOS partition in the latest clover release. Unfortunately no errors to show, just hangs at the apple logo. This is my second time starting over with no luck. :( Any help would be much appreciated.

@thx607, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

@thx607, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

I attached a -v screenshot, looks like. Since my original post, I started over and tried to do upgrade with hfs+ but unfortunately same issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1514.jpeg
    IMG_1514.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 159
Hi all, having issues updating. For hardware using P8z68 with intel 3000 graphics. No external GFX cards at this time. I followed guide put files in appropriate place for legacy boot. However, I don't seem to be getting past Apple Boot loading screen. Select Install MacOS partition in the latest clover release. Unfortunately no errors to show, just hangs at the apple logo. This is my second time starting over with no luck. :( Any help would be much appreciated.

I attached a -v screenshot, looks like. Since my original post, I started over and tried to do upgrade with hfs+ but unfortunately same issue.

Please update your personal details as advised by the Moderator.

I suspect your Intel HD 3000 may not be supported by macOS High Sierra leading to the 'nonspecific' text on boot screen and boot freeze at this stage of booting where normally Graphics card is configured .

Do you have any PCIE Graphics card you can try?

I have a few systems (Intel series 6, 7, 8, 9 and 100 MoBos) with Radeon 5450 2GB PCIE Graphics card working OK in macOS High Sierra.

The only MoBo I could not use that was GA-Z97XUD5H where I had to use integrated Intel HD 4600 and I could use a High Sierra USB Installer to install High Sierra on a blank SATA HDD in HFS+ filesystem.

Please update your personal details as advised by the Moderator.

I suspect your Intel HD 3000 may not be supported by macOS High Sierra leading to the 'nonspecific' text on boot screen and boot freeze at this stage of booting where normally Graphics card is configured .

Do you have any PCIE Graphics card you can try?

I have a few systems (Intel series 6, 7, 8, 9 and 100 MoBos) with Radeon 5450 2GB PCIE Graphics card working OK in macOS High Sierra.

The only MoBo I could not use that was GA-Z97XUD5H where I had to use integrated Intel HD 4600 and I could use a High Sierra USB Installer to install High Sierra on a blank SATA HDD in HFS+ filesystem.

That makes perfect sense! :) I actually do have an old GTX 460 and 690(690 doesn't fit in my case). I will try with the 460.

Thanks for the reply!

As for the profile, I did update with system info. Will check again.

That makes perfect sense! :) I actually do have an old GTX 460 and 690(690 doesn't fit in my case). I will try with the 460.

Thanks for the reply!

As for the profile, I did update with system info. Will check again.

Got it with the GTX 690!

However, the graphics seem to be having a lot of issues like flashing and very slow. Are their specific .kext files I should be adding? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back