ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I can't download the full High Sierra package from the AppStore because it only downloads about 20 MB and nothing more. I tried deleting the file and redownload it again but nothing.

Any solution ?

Thanks !

The 19.9MB installer is a pretty wide-spread problem, you'll find other folks solving the issue in the forum.

You said you deleted it, and redownloaded it, are you saying the fresh file is still 19.9MB? But bottom line macOS caches software updates in a way that makes it non-intuitive to clear the cache and redownload fresh.

If you open the High Sierra page in App Store, where it says "open", then manually delete the installer, does the link change to download? and can you click this now and get the full installer?

Alternatively, create a new user account and log in to that and open the App Store and go to high Sierra page and download it (after making sure it's not in /Applications). Does that work?

The 19.9MB installer is a pretty wide-spread problem, you'll find other folks solving the issue in the forum.

You said you deleted it, and redownloaded it, are you saying the fresh file is still 19.9MB? But bottom line macOS caches software updates in a way that makes it non-intuitive to clear the cache and redownload fresh.

If you open the High Sierra page in App Store, where it says "open", then manually delete the installer, does the link change to download? and can you click this now and get the full installer?

Alternatively, create a new user account and log in to that and open the App Store and go to high Sierra page and download it (after making sure it's not in /Applications). Does that work?

Yes, after I delete the installer in the App Store the link it changes from "open" to "download". I will try to create a new user account and see what happens.

Nothing. Same problem...

Last edited:
Yes, after I delete the installer in the App Store the link it changes from "open" to "download". I will try to create a new user account and see what happens.

Nothing. Same problem...
Well software update/App Store issues like this exist outside the world of hackintoshes and you may be falling prey to crazy macOS caching. Maybe google for apple support documents with this problem, with the resolution involving clearing software update or App Store caches. For example, /Library/Updates has a cache. It's possible that deleting stuff inside this folder, deleting all copies of the 19.9MB installer, and rebooting, creating a new user account and logging in as that user, then accessing the App Store High Sierra download link, might work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back