Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS > Need full model > See Rules!
CPU
Intel > Need model > See Rules!
Graphics
Intel > Need version > See Rules!
I am trying to create an El Capitan installer for my desktop. I have downloaded and ran the full installer dmg provided by apple and El Capitan is now in the applications folder. When I run unibeast, when selecting the OS, I get the error "Selected Mac OS X Installer is Incomplete".

For context I am working off a temporary open core high Sierra hack on my laptop so when I try to get El Capitan from the App Store, I get an error saying the OS is too new.

I have also tried using pacifist to drag and drop the pkg file to the applications folder and changing system time as suggested in the last few pages of the unibeast guide but I get the same OS X incomplete error. Does anyone have any solutions to get the USB installer built?

Hi Steve, I also had this same error with unibeast when using the el capitan dmg from apple.
I ran unibeast on a macbook with el cap on it.
I managed to get it installed on the target pc with an old clover bootloader version, and manually doing some things. I am actually still working on it atm :) sound and ethernet arent recognized yet and i might do a question on that as well in this thread, if i cant figure that out myself.
Here is the thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back