Contribute
Register

Can't Connect To Appstore & iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is much that is similar between the older Optiplex 755 & the &60 model. This thread describes a process in getting the App store to work for Mountain Lion. There are some things here that you may wish to try. Read over step 7 a few times to gain some understanding:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/90820-mountain-lion-optiplex-755-sff.html
Adrian, you did it again! Fixed now thank you so much! I could kiss you right now (no homo) but I'll try to refrain ;)

App Store now working?
Also just wondering, will I keep the same settings in my chameleon plist file? so I can still connect?

Also just wondering, will I keep the same settings in my chameleon plist file? so I can still connect?

The only thing to change is the additional step & info as described in that last link.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<string>Yes</string>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<key>device-properties</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<string>[B]CARD HEX STRING[/B]</string>
[/COLOR]
Area in highlighted has the string data from the app used to generate the information.

The only thing to change is the additional step & info as described in that last link.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<string>Yes</string>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<key>device-properties</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]<string>[B]CARD HEX STRING[/B]</string>                                                                                    [/COLOR]

Area in highlighted has the string data from the app used to generate the information.
Sorry I forgot to finish the message lol, I meant if I update to 10.10.1 would the config stay the same still allowing me access to the App Store?

Sorry I forgot to finish the message lol, I meant if I update to 10.10.1 would the config stay the same still allowing me access to the App Store?

If you are on 10.10 and update to 10.10.1 then nothing will need to be changed. When upgrading most installations may require audio & trim options (where used) to be rerun as the update often overwrites these things. We might see 10.10.2 being available within the hour - If this happens there will be a Combo update available to download and there will be instructions on how to complete this process.

If you are on 10.10 and update to 10.10.1 then nothing will need to be changed. When upgrading most installations may require audio & trim options (where used) to be rerun as the update often overwrites these things. We might see 10.10.2 being available within the hour - If this happens there will be a Combo update available to download and there will be instructions on how to complete this process.
Ah ok that's great, means I don't have to re do everything haha I'm gonna do 10.10.1 update now and if 10.10.2 is released then I'll just try it on another hard drive first to make sure I'll be ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back