Contribute
Register

Can't Connect To Appstore & iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two things that usually are required for the App Store are that your Ethernet connection is Built In and set to en0.

You can check the status with DPCIManager.

Check that your org.chameleon.Boot.plist has the following entries :
Code:
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Good Luck

The two things that usually are required for the App Store are that your Ethernet connection is Built In and set to en0.

You can check the status with DPCIManager.

Check that your org.chameleon.Boot.plist has the following entries :
Code:
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

Good Luck
Thanks for the reply, I've got that code in chameleon and also Ethernet set to en0 still not working, would someone be able to help with team viewer or something?

Thanks for the reply, I've got that code in chameleon and also Ethernet set to en0 still not working, would someone be able to help with team viewer or something?

Unfortunately that would be an infringement of the Rules.

Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Ah, what would be the best way for you to get the info you need to help further?

I'm not sure that there is a great deal more that can be done.

You could try opening the Console and see if there are error messages when you attempt to sign in to iCloud and the App Store that give you a clue.

You could try creating another Apple ID and see if you can access with that.

You could try creating a new User Account and see if you can access with that.

Other than that, I'm stumped.

Good Luck

Edit : Maybe using Clover instead of Chimera as your boot loader could help.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that there is a great deal more that can be done.

You could try opening the Console and see if there are error messages when you attempt to sign in to iCloud and the App Store that give you a clue.

You could try creating another Apple ID and see if you can access with that.

You could try creating a new User Account and see if you can access with that.

Other than that, I'm stumped.

Good Luck

Ok I'll give that a go :) when I make a new account should I do it through the Mac App Store or through the website?

Made a new Apple ID signing in didn't work, made new account on Mac using the "Use iCloud Password" option, started working as it brought over the password from iCloud but then it failed to aCroats throwing this screen again:

I then tried to sign into App Store again on new account getting the same "Your Device or Computer Could Not Be Verified"

Also thought I should add I can sign into iTunes fine just nothing else.

There is much that is similar between the older Optiplex 755 & the &60 model. This thread describes a process in getting the App store to work for Mountain Lion. There are some things here that you may wish to try. Read over step 7 a few times to gain some understanding:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/90820-mountain-lion-optiplex-755-sff.html
I've seen that solution a few times yet nowhere else has explained it properly like that one, I'll definitely give this a go tomorrow as it's quite late here in UK a at the moment, hopefully this works and solves it once and for all, just wondering have you ever encountered this problem on a 760?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back