Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC5i5RYH
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel
I'm a long-time power user from the Windows side, but have been using a hackintosh for the past couple years. I've managed to install my OS back in the Mavericks days, then somehow upgraded to Yosimite, Sierra, High Sierra, El Capitan, and now Mojave without major issues while lacking a thorough understanding all of the pieces that make this work.

My hardware is:

Intel NUC 5i5RYH with 16GB RAM

The upgrade to Mojave was pretty painless, however I didn't update Clover until today. I was running Clover 43xx, but am not running 4798. Over the last week or two, I've noticed some problems that didn't turn up until recently.

First, my Fujitsu scanner isn't working properly. Second, I noticed I can no longer connect to the app store. When clicking on the App Store, I just get a screen that says "Cannot Connect to App Store". If I click on software update in System Preferences, I also get a "Unable to check for updates. Make sure you are connected to the internet." message.

I've checked the obvious things - my ethernet is en0, I can't sign out of the app store (clicking "Store" at top does not bring up a dialog box), restarts, etc.

Is there anything I'm missing? My internet works otherwise... Any help is appreciated.

Update, just tested this on my Macbook pro and saw the same issue. I hopped off my wifi and on to my cellular iPad and it worked, so it's internet connection related. I don't see anything blocked at my firewall, but it's obviously something getting blocked. On my MacBook, it seems after I initially connected via my data plan, I can now connect no problem via my WiFi.

I can't easily connect my hackintosh via another internet connection (wired ethernet only). Any other options?

Update, just tested this on my Macbook pro and saw the same issue. I hopped off my wifi and on to my cellular iPad and it worked, so it's internet connection related. I don't see anything blocked at my firewall, but it's obviously something getting blocked. On my MacBook, it seems after I initially connected via my data plan, I can now connect no problem via my WiFi.

I can't easily connect my hackintosh via another internet connection (wired ethernet only). Any other options?
  • You have checked your System Report >Ethernet cards and confirmed its BSD name is en0
  • Just to be sure that everything is checked to see your Ethernet is connecting to the Internet through your Local Area Network, please check the following:

1. Click System Preferences>Network >Ethernet [See image for visual help]
  2. Verify whether or not you are getting an IP number that starts with 192.168.x.x
  3. If you see "Self assigned" instead of a real IP , you are not connecting to the Internet causing that App Store error you got.
  4. In that case, first check your Ethernet Cable to make sure it is firmly and securely connected to your Desktop's Ethernet Port and the Modem /Router or Ethernet Wall socket.
  5. If Ethernet cable is Good(not damaged) and Firmly& Securely connected at both ends, troubleshoot your Modem/Router by "Reseting"

Attachments

• 1.System Preferences_Network.png
    1.System Preferences_Network.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 874
Thanks for the reply, however like I said in the initial post, my internet works otherwise. I actually posted here from my hackintosh, so it had nothing to do with having an APIPA address or anything else. I ended up tethering my hackintosh over bluetooth to my phone and got the initial update stated, then everything worked fine from my wired connection. Weird, but fixed I suppose. I wonder if this was some sort of bug...

Fujitsu scanner still doesn't work. Anyone else having similar problems with Mojave and ScanSnap Home?

Thanks for the reply, however like I said in the initial post, my internet works otherwise. I actually posted here from my hackintosh, so it had nothing to do with having an APIPA address or anything else. I ended up tethering my hackintosh over bluetooth to my phone and got the initial update stated, then everything worked fine from my wired connection. Weird, but fixed I suppose. I wonder if this was some sort of bug...

Fujitsu scanner still doesn't work. Anyone else having similar problems with Mojave and ScanSnap Home?

When you installed Mojave did you sign into your Mac account?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-connect-to-app-store-software-update.267235

Do you have Wi-Fi or only Ethernet connection ?
And what sys.def are you using?
Because ethernet is´nt supposed to be en0 but en1
On my Dell XPS 9350 using MB 9,1 (without Ethernet) Wi-Fi is en0 as it´s supposed to
Unless you use an iMac or MacMini sys.def that have ethernet build in
There are guides how to change en0 to en1 or opposite just search
I tried to post a link to a utube guide but received a warning.
And BTW always back up your EFI/CLOVER folder before updating Clover boot loader to avoid los of settings in config.plist.
If that's the case,on the root of your HD there's a folder named EFI-Backups
Printer and scanner problems is a widely known as manufacturers is very slow or never vill update support for a new oS version.
They wanna sell you a new ;)

Last edited:

Sorry I did not understand your post the way you intended with the pieces of information such as
"Cannot Connect to App Store". System Preferences, I also get a "Unable to check for updates. Make sure you are connected to the internet." message. I've checked the obvious things - my ethernet is en0,. On my MacBook, it seems after I initially connected via my data plan, I can now connect no problem via my WiFi.
With those pieces of information , I understood your Wifi from MacBook was working, your Desktop Hackintosh had only Ethernet and it had the kext loaded and had the right BSD Name but you didn't have an alternate Wifi to connect to your Modem/Router and my conclusion was, may be the Ethernet Cable is disconnected as you said nothing about System Preferences >Network even when you had checked System Preferences >Software Update that gave the "Unable to check for Updates" error. If you had mentioned you were able to use your Browser from this Hackintosh to connect to the Internet or showed the Hackintosh Computer's Network has already got a valid IP number assigned to it, I would have interpreted "my internet works otherwise" to your Internet works OK in MacBook via WiFi and Hackintosh via Ethernet and your problem is with App Store from Hackintosh instead of concluding you have No internet connection in Hackintosh based on the statement I have shown in 'Bold' above.

My mistake - I could have been more clear. I was actually posting these posts via the mac in question.

I have everything updating like it should again, but my Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 scanner is still scanning "blank" pages. Everything appears to work until you scan a document. A couple seconds later, I get "An error occurred while processing the images." message from the ScanSnap Home software. I tried installing ScanSnap Home on my MacBook Pro, and it worked fine so I know it's not a hardware problem with the scanner itself.

Short of wiping the OS and Clover and starting from scratch, I'm not sure where to go from here.

I'll also be glad to start a new thread if that would be best.

I'm not logged in either

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2019-02-16 o 22.09.52.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2019-02-16 o 22.09.52.png
    356.2 KB · Views: 360
someone can help

"An unexpected error occurred while logging in"

all methods written above do not work???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back