Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z87 Gryphon
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K600
it would seem i am going through cd's here trying to create a bootable Iboot disc.
i get to the darwinx86 screen, asking press enter to startup foreign OS.
pressing that it says bootmgr missing.

do you guys think this is a disc burning problem, or a problem elsewhere?

What program are you using to burn?

I assume you are booting from CD... if you see the Darwin boot loading screen you are doing fine. You need to switch discs out to the OSX snow leopard install disk. Then hit F5 to make it recognize you have switched.

Then you hit enter to boot into the disc standard / no flags.

I think you are not switching discs and trying to boot straight into the Darwin disc. Maybe be a bit more specific about your problem and the steps you took.

yeah, i am just using the win7 iso burner to burn (i can always use something else)
I definately get into the darwin screen.
it just seems i can't get anything from this iboot disc.
i gave the retail disc a go, pressing F5 after disc change.

does the hard drive format type count? i was getting a different message before i formatted to HTFS (i formatted from a linux install) ?

I don't think you can install SL on HTFS, I suggest you format it Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

i was hoping to format it on installation.

my problem seems that i cant get into camelion.
all i get is a :bootmgr missing, press ctrl/alt/del to restart

sorry failed to mention i'am using the legacy version of IBOOT
i am using this because i am told the dual core atom i am using is not supported.

also, i have just tried burning on disc utility on a mac, to no avail.

i followed up on the drive partitioning and created a DOS bootdisk to use its fdisk utility
and delete the partition. and this puts me a few steps ahead, as now i can get to the darwin screen without any error messages. however it would seem that i still can not access the camelion page. it seems to halt with a boot prompt.

i will keep pluggin. but it seems i am lost at the moment.
i do now know you can't install on anything other than a blank drive.

on further study and evaluation i have found that it is not the discs fault but the usb dvd-burner that is not made for this kind of thing.
i read a forum with the exact problem as mine with the same type of usb-dvd-burner and he was able to get to the camelion and install OSX with a fullsize sata dvd-burner.

on the same thread i found a method of using iboot via a usb thumbdrive and this worked for me up untill i switched to the usb dvd drive where it failed.

so, now i feel just a little silly wasting your time. and thankyouverymuch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back