Contribute
Register

Can't boot Yosemite without Unibeast USB key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now trying with the org.chameleon.Boot.plist from USB key to replace the one in Yosemite/Extra.

Still get "Can't find mach_kernel"

when you sucessfully boot your system with the usb key. Can you open terminal and see what "diskutil list" shows?

Code:
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *512.1 GB   disk0
   1:                      Linux                         512.1 GB   disk0s1
/dev/disk1
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *480.1 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         479.2 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk1s3
/dev/disk2
   0:                  Apple_HFS M500                   *478.9 GB   disk2
                                 Logical Volume on disk1s2
                                 91C27051-4231-49DF-A4C2-A983AB3EBDEB
                                 Unencrypted

When mine had a logical volume like this one shows i always could not find the kernel.

so typing in this example:
sudo diskutil coreStorage revert 91C27051-4231-49DF-A4C2-A983AB3EBDEB <- The UUID of the logical volume

will revert it back to way my partitions were in mav

Here is my diskutil list.
Last login: Sat Dec 13 12:07:34 on ttys000Jims-Mac-Pro:~ jimbrown$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0
1: Windows_NTFS Windows 7 129.9 GB disk0s1
2: Windows_NTFS DATA 538.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS Yosemite 129.3 GB disk0s3
4: Linux 107.4 GB disk0s5
5: Linux_Swap 8.6 GB disk0s6
6: Linux 86.9 GB disk0s7
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *8.0 GB disk1
1: Apple_HFS YOSE 8.0 GB disk1s1

My gut feeling is that there is a file or setting left over in windows 7's root or MBR that relates to the old "mach_kernel" in Mavericks and previous versions of Hackintosh that is not being over-written by running Multibeast/Unibeast or separate Chimera or Chameleon installs.
It once was, prior to Yosemite, that when I ran Easybeast it would take over my whole Boot menu which gave me the options from there to boot to OSX, Linux or Windows 7 via Chimera and then if I wanted to hand the boot menu back to Windows 7 MBR I would run Repair/terminal from Windows 7 CD and /FixBoot, /FixMbr, but that is no longer the case with Yosemite and Multibeast 7x.
Could this simply be due to the difference in kernel file compression between "mach_kernel" and "kernel"?

My gut feeling is that there is a file or setting left over in windows 7's root or MBR that relates to the old "mach_kernel" in Mavericks and previous versions of Hackintosh that is not being over-written by running Multibeast/Unibeast or separate Chimera or Chameleon installs.
It once was, prior to Yosemite, that when I ran Easybeast it would take over my whole Boot menu which gave me the options from there to boot to OSX, Linux or Windows 7 via Chimera and then if I wanted to hand the boot menu back to Windows 7 MBR I would run Repair/terminal from Windows 7 CD and /FixBoot, /FixMbr, but that is no longer the case with Yosemite and Multibeast 7x.
Could this simply be due to the difference in kernel file compression between "mach_kernel" and "kernel"?

Oh, and by the way AppleIIGuy, I sincerely thank you for coming to my assistance>

From another point of view, if I set up EasyBcd to boot Yosemite via EFI (default) I get "Can't find mach_kernel" but if I set it to boot via MBR I get "boot0:error", so having thought this over I have an interesting document which could relate to the fact that my original 1 TB Seagate HDD was recently replaced by Dell under warranty.
Fixing the Notorious boot0: error
Posted on by shunu
There are many people who cannot get their bootloader to boot up from the hard disk while showing these error

messages. boot0:GPT

boot0:testing . . .
boot0:GPT . . .
boot0:testing
boot0:error

The people who has this problem mostly use the Western Digital Caviar Green hard drives. After some research, I’ve found out that the firmware of this hard disk somehow prevents the chimera bootloader to be installed properly. Therefore, you’ll need to do some terminal operations to fix this problem manually.

So lets find out how to get out of this hell hole. First of all, check your OS install partition is over 1TB. If it is, divide the partition to become less than 1TB. (you can change the partition size freely later) Now, download this program called Unpkg, and download the chimera bootloader from tonymac. unpkg-4.5 After downloading the file, run Unpkg. You’ll see a blinking triangle on the bottom left corner, click it, then you’ll see a blank box appear. Drag and drop the chimera install file, and chimera will be extracted. If you see inside the extracted folder, you’ll see something like this. As you see above, you’ll see the file ” usr/standalone/i386/boot1h “. copy this file to a thumb drive. (if you aren’t familiar with terminal commands, I recommend you to place it in the root folder of the thumb drive) If that’s done, boot into the SL Install disk or Lion Install partition then run Disk Utility. Then Unmount the partition that you want to use as your main booting disk. (the reason for doing this is to deactivate the firmware that is causing the problem) Finally, it’s time for Terminal. Run terminal and then type diskutil list you’ll see something like this by now. Check the identifier for the hard disk partition you want to boot with.. Mine is disk0s5. Next, you’ll have to move to the position where the ” boot1h ” file is saved. The people who saved their file in the root folder of the thumb drive should type this.

cd /Volumes/NO\ NAME *

the people who are using the thumb drive as default, would have the drive named NO NAME mostly. If you get to the position, type ” ls ” and confirm that there is the boot1h file. After that, type

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s5 (type in your ID instead of rdisk0s5) *

- I’m terribly sorry. If you use the terminal in the ‘Mac OS Installer’, you’ll already have the ‘superuser’ permission. Leave the ‘sudo’ command out.

I’ve personally booted through the other partition of working Mac OS x. then type your password if asked. If everything went normal, you’ll see something like this. Finally, every thing's done. reboot and check everything works fine.
Posted in Macs & Techs, news&tips Tagged boot0, grean, hackintosh, iboot, western digital permalink

This solution has worked well for me after removing Yosemite entry in EasyBcd and then re-entering it using MBR setting rather than EFI (default)

From another point of view, if I set up EasyBcd to boot Yosemite via EFI (default) I get "Can't find mach_kernel" but if I set it to boot via MBR I get "boot0:error", so having thought this over I have an interesting document which could relate to the fact that my original 1 TB Seagate HDD was recently replaced by Dell under warranty.
Fixing the Notorious boot0: error
Posted on by shunu
There are many people who cannot get their bootloader to boot up from the hard disk while showing these error

messages. boot0:GPT

boot0:testing . . .
boot0:GPT . . .
boot0:testing
boot0:error

The people who has this problem mostly use the Western Digital Caviar Green hard drives. After some research, I’ve found out that the firmware of this hard disk somehow prevents the chimera bootloader to be installed properly. Therefore, you’ll need to do some terminal operations to fix this problem manually.

So lets find out how to get out of this hell hole. First of all, check your OS install partition is over 1TB. If it is, divide the partition to become less than 1TB. (you can change the partition size freely later) Now, download this program called Unpkg, and download the chimera bootloader from tonymac. unpkg-4.5 After downloading the file, run Unpkg. You’ll see a blinking triangle on the bottom left corner, click it, then you’ll see a blank box appear. Drag and drop the chimera install file, and chimera will be extracted. If you see inside the extracted folder, you’ll see something like this. As you see above, you’ll see the file ” usr/standalone/i386/boot1h “. copy this file to a thumb drive. (if you aren’t familiar with terminal commands, I recommend you to place it in the root folder of the thumb drive) If that’s done, boot into the SL Install disk or Lion Install partition then run Disk Utility. Then Unmount the partition that you want to use as your main booting disk. (the reason for doing this is to deactivate the firmware that is causing the problem) Finally, it’s time for Terminal. Run terminal and then type diskutil list you’ll see something like this by now. Check the identifier for the hard disk partition you want to boot with.. Mine is disk0s5. Next, you’ll have to move to the position where the ” boot1h ” file is saved. The people who saved their file in the root folder of the thumb drive should type this.

cd /Volumes/NO\ NAME *

the people who are using the thumb drive as default, would have the drive named NO NAME mostly. If you get to the position, type ” ls ” and confirm that there is the boot1h file. After that, type

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s5 (type in your ID instead of rdisk0s5) *

- I’m terribly sorry. If you use the terminal in the ‘Mac OS Installer’, you’ll already have the ‘superuser’ permission. Leave the ‘sudo’ command out.

I’ve personally booted through the other partition of working Mac OS x. then type your password if asked. If everything went normal, you’ll see something like this. Finally, every thing's done. reboot and check everything works fine.
Posted in Macs & Techs, news&tips Tagged boot0, grean, hackintosh, iboot, western digital permalink

cant find mach kernel is on mine right now...uhuhu..
stuck for 2 weeks already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back