I5
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had a perfectly working dual-boot os x/windows 7 machine that I had to rebuild when the crucial m4 ssd failed. I had a project to complete so I purchased a Seagate Momentus XT 750gb hybrid drive locally. The install went fine but the chimera bootloader simply doesn't work. On boot, I get:

boot0:GPT
boot0:done

...and then Windows 7 starts up.

I've tried re-installing chimera, etc. No dice. I can boot from USB but that's incredibly frustrating compared to the working setup I had previously. Any thoughts on what's happening? Is it related to the hybrid drive?

Does anyone think I should follow the steps for a boot0 error (even though I'm not seeing that on the boot screen)?

I had a perfectly working dual-boot os x/windows 7 machine that I had to rebuild when the crucial m4 ssd failed. I had a project to complete so I purchased a Seagate Momentus XT 750gb hybrid drive locally. The install went fine but the chimera bootloader simply doesn't work. On boot, I get:

boot0:done

...and then Windows 7 starts up.

I've tried re-installing chimera, etc. No dice. I can boot from USB but that's incredibly frustrating compared to the working setup I had previously. Any thoughts on what's happening? Is it related to the hybrid drive?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

That was it. I was confused because I didn't actually see a boot0 error message.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back