Ryzen 3900XT
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Guys,

Please help me to understand something. I am very satisfied Tonymacx86 user, I can use my new built without any known issue. (8700k, 1080ti, 960EVO, ....) Great.

I've only one question: I can only use clover bootmanager if I copy the content of USB install drive's EFI partition to the system SSD's EFI partition and make the necessary config.plist edits.

If I try to update the clover bootloader or install it to an empty EFI partition and prepare the config.plist if wont work. (the apple logo without loading bar are on the screen without system load)

This symptom is valid also if I have a working system and I just simple delete the EFI partition content and install the new clover version from scratch: NOT working, an apple logo without system boot. As I copy back my working EFI partition voila WORKING again.

For me the most interesting the content of the EFI partition looks similar, I tried to delete /copy files (I also take care on drivers64UEFI folder to be the same) to be similar with my working EFI partition content, result: NOT working. It works only, If I copy back the whole EFI folder.

PLease help me what could be the problem.

Peter

Check the contents of kexts/*
Are there any kexts present in any of the folders on the USB drive that are not present in the folders of the clean install of Clover?
Suggest you replace the config.plist of the Clover install with the one on your UniBeast USB and then further edit it to match your own system config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back