i5 9500
Graphics
RX560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody. I have (I think) well configured Monterey installation. Upgraded opencore, lilu and other kexts and then upgraded to Ventura - everything OK. I booted to Ventura, but after that I can't boot.
Can boot to Single user mode.

But in normal mode I am stuck on this for loooong time (pic)

Is there some problem with nvme ssd and trim?
Thanks for all the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 132
  • config.plist
    36.8 KB · Views: 34
try without these
also note what kind of drive do you have
View attachment 556855
Doesn't work for me even without these kexts.
Yesteray, I made venutra usb installer and the whole install process was ok (booted from usb).

My NVMe drive is apacer as2280p4U. Worked ok in Monterey.

Now, I installed Ventura on other sata ssd and it boots on that ssd.

But can't boot on that nvme drive. When I start booting of nvmeOS from sata bootloader, it hangs on this screen
Opened corefile of size 1 MB

Attachments

• 50C4916F-054F-44F1-A556-DE13BA89B9F1.jpeg
    50C4916F-054F-44F1-A556-DE13BA89B9F1.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hello everybody. I have (I think) well configured Monterey installation. Upgraded opencore, lilu and other kexts and then upgraded to Ventura - everything OK. I booted to Ventura, but after that I can't boot.
Can boot to Single user mode.

But in normal mode I am stuck on this for loooong time (pic)

Is there some problem with nvme ssd and trim?
Thanks for all the help
How loooong?

For me, when a 2T Samsung (1T free) gets lost in Trim, it can take up to 20 minutes to finish.

Is the HD LED on mainboard blinking steadily?

I didn't look in your config, but adding:
Kernel > Quirks > SetApfsTrimTimeout = 0
can help.

In some cases the system still runs a whole Trim pass anyway but with above usually not. I am using it with Ventura.

Please double-check the quirk name in the Open Core documentation (Doc/Configuration.pdf) to make sure I spelled that right!

T
How loooong?

For me, when a 2T Samsung (1T free) gets lost in Trim, it can take up to 20 minutes to finish.

Is the HD LED on mainboard blinking steadily?

I didn't look in your config, but adding:
Kernel > Quirks > SetApfsTrimTimeout = 0
can help.

In some cases the system still runs a whole Trim pass anyway but with above usually not. I am using it with Ventura.

Please double-check the quirk name in the Open Core documentation (Doc/Configuration.pdf) to make sure I spelled that right!
thanks for your reply. I have only 512gigs drive and in this particular state it stays over 10 minutes. I don't have HDD leds to indicate the activity. Iam totally lost - and it worked in Monterey.

I tried editing that quirk but it doesn't help.

Booting from usb is OK, but not directly from nvme

Attachments

• 6C99A668-AEE8-4496-A6F3-2F239B16E232.jpeg
    6C99A668-AEE8-4496-A6F3-2F239B16E232.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 30
I've just started using a WD SN570 budget NVMe with Monterey and it's working perfectly. Boot times around 10-11 seconds. Programs load instantly. There are a few other WD NVMe that also work, this one is perfect in a basic use PCI-e 3.0 hackintosh build. $43 for the 500GB edition, it's even less than most Sata SSDs of this size.

WD SN570 speeds.png

Last edited:
If you don't need a 500 gig boot drive the 250GB version is also a good deal now.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

For those with a newer 500 or 600 Series Intel board the SN770 is the best WD deal available on Amazon. With a Z590 or Z60 system you get more throughput out of a PCIe 4.0 slot.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Last edited:
T

thanks for your reply. I have only 512gigs drive and in this particular state it stays over 10 minutes. I don't have HDD leds to indicate the activity. Iam totally lost - and it worked in Monterey.

I tried editing that quirk but it doesn't help.

Booting from usb is OK, but not directly from nvme

Have you tried waiting it out? For like an hour? Trim is applied on a per partition basis, I don't know how to read the log well enough to say it was "done". It could take a longer time.

Try disabling NVMeFix as its not always needed and could be the source of a problem. If you aren't using it, try adding it ;$

If there's an update for the NVMe firmware do it.

Back