Contribute
Register

Can't boot with Chimera 1.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
neilhart said:
Your boot screen capture leads me to think that you do not have the hard drive properly partitioned and formatted.

If you do not have a bootable USB Flash Installer drive, make one up. This is a 8GB USB Flash drive, with a single partition and Mac OS Extended (journaled) format, with a Carbon Copy Cloner clone of the xMove Lion Installer partition. Run Multibeast 3.8.0 EasyBeast with the USB Flash drive as the target. Test by booting to this USB drive (the Lion installer should come up).

The bootable USB installer device is used for installing Lion and for the (as an iBoot CD would be) restart boot after the Lion installation.

With only one SATA hard drive installed, boot the USB installer. At the second install screen, partition and format your hard drive to at least two partitions, using the GUID partition scheme.

Install Lion to the first partition on the drive (note this is really the second partition as the hidden EFI partition is the first). At the restart, interrupt the boot and select your new Lion drive and proceed to the user account set-up screens.

At the Lion desktop, hedge your bets, and use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the first partition to the second partition. Note this is low resolution at this time.

Then run Multibeast, select EasyBeast and select System Utilities (to make the partition bootable).

Eject your USB installer flash drive.

Reboot to the first Lion partition.

Copy the Chimera 1.5.3 installer package to the Desktop. Run the installer.

Reboot to your HD3000 native resolution accelerated graphics.

From here you can configure you system (sound, Ethernet, etc., using Multibeast or what ever you like).

You can also update to Lion 10.7.1.

Sorry for the length of the post.

neil

but i don't have a xMove partition!
and now i've erased my usb drive .-.

BelDio said:
neilhart said:

but i don't have a xMove partition!
and now i've erased my usb drive .-.

Okay. Given this situation, I would proceed as follows:

Use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the Lion that you do have off to a USB external drive. Use Multibeast 3.8.0 to make that external drive bootable. Verify that it is bootable.

Shutdown your system.

Pull any extra internal drives (disconnect them) leaving only the hard drive that you want Lion to reside on connected.

Boot to the external drive.

Use Disk Utility to re-partition the internal hard drive using the GUID partition scheme. Make the first two partitions at least 30GB and formatted Mac OS Extended (journaled).

Exit disk utility.

Run Carbon Copy Cloner and clone the external drive to the first partition on the internal drive.

When the cloning completes, run Multibeast, change the target to the internal drive first partition and install the boot loader.

Shutdown, disconnect the external drive.

Reboot to the internal drive.

If this boots, clone the first partition to the second partition.

Copy Chimera 1.5.3 to the desktop and run the installer.

Reboot to HD3000 native resolution accelerated (I hope).

neil

"If this boots, clone the first partition to the second partition.

this is just to have a second chance if something goes wrong, right?

(made a bootable usb drive right now) .-.

THINK(not sure) that I selected MBR instead of GUID when i installed Lion... could be this the cause of all my troubles?

(forgive me if I make some mistakes(in english), but I'm italian :p )

Thank you in advance :clap:

BelDio said:

THINK(not sure) that I selected MBR instead of GUID when i installed Lion... could be this the cause of all my troubles?

(forgive me if I make some mistakes, but I'm italian :p )

Yes, Lion does not like MBR format/partition scheme. How ever once you have a working installation.... clone it off and treat the clone as if it were gold. I have been able to put a working Lion image onto a Dell D620 that has a MBR partitioned hard disk... it just takes so desire and tricks and a lot of web research.

But back to problem at hand, insure you are using a GUID partition/format.

neil

neilhart said:
BelDio said:

(forgive me if I make some mistakes, but I'm italian :p )

Yes, Lion does not like MBR format/partition scheme. How ever once you have a working installation.... clone it off and treat the clone as if it were gold. I have been able to put a working Lion image onto a Dell D620 that has a MBR partitioned hard disk... it just takes so desire and tricks and a lot of web research.

But back to problem at hand, insure you are using a GUID partition/format.

neil

Cloning right now!

img0557vu.jpg

this is what i get
get just the same things when i boot with chimera 1.4.1 but lion starts with it .-.

OHHH GOD it works

but start is slow .-.

anyway you know how to get audio working?
my board is an Asus P8Z68-V Pro

A BIG THANK YOU :headbang:

Yes Lion boots is slower then Snow Leopard particularly if you are booting 64 bit kernel.

As for all of the other things... read the guides. Insure that you have a clone set aside so you can recover when something goes wrong.

Look in the ASUS User Guide for your motherboard, about 5 or 6 page into it is a specifications summary. Look for the technology used in the the Audio and LAN sections.

Run Multibeast, select System Utilities, select ALC8xxHDA, select AppleHDA Rollback, select the HDA enabler for your chip set. If your Ethernet does not work, in Network, select Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81x.. , And Select OSx86 Software.

If you are lucky after this finishes and you reboot you will be 95% or more functional.

good luck,
neil

neilhart said:
Yes Lion boots is slower then Snow Leopard particularly if you are booting 64 bit kernel.

As for all of the other things... read the guides. Insure that you have a clone set aside so you can recover when something goes wrong.

Look in the ASUS User Guide for your motherboard, about 5 or 6 page into it is a specifications summary. Look for the technology used in the the Audio and LAN sections.

Run Multibeast, select System Utilities, select ALC8xxHDA, select AppleHDA Rollback, select the HDA enabler for your chip set. If your Ethernet does not work, in Network, select Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81x.. , And Select OSx86 Software.

If you are lucky after this finishes and you reboot you will be 95% or more functional.

good luck,
neil

With slow i mean 5 minutes on the screen that i posted before :'(

LOOOL i'm wrong
If i use HDMI I remain stuck at that screen
If i change to DVI it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back