Graphics
EVGA 670 FTW Giggahertz Model x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I bought a 670 because my 6870 died on me. This is before I got to upgrade to Mountain Lion though. Now whenever I try to boot I get the KP below. I have tried using the 670 and integrated graphics. Also I have tried the GE=No for both the 670 and integrated graphics to no avail. I am willing to do a fresh install if I must but would rather try to boot in and try an upgrade first. Any help will be nice and will hopefully try a 560 tomorrow that I had tested before. Also sorry the photo is sideways.

Attachments

• KP.jpg
    KP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
my unibeast is at the friend with the 560 ti so i should be able to get that back and try again tomorrow

Also may try to see if I can get the 6870 to last long enough to get to mountain lion then will be able to use the 670

That picture says Kernel Version 11.4 - That's OS 10.7 - Lion. You need to upgrade to Mountain Lion in order to get native support for the 670.

I know its Lion but the 6870 died-ish before I could get ML. I am going to see if the 6870 will work long enough for and install. I have also tried from UniBeast on both a 10.7.3 install and 10.7.4. I know people had the 680 working with basic support just wondering if I can do the same thing.

I did a fresh install on my backup drive and while I can boot in with UniBeast I can't get in without it. Also trying to boot my lion disk with integrated graphics doesn't work but the ML does, but again with unibeast.

Edit
Spoke to soon forgot to use GE=No with Lion and now i'm in. Going to back up and then attempt an upgrade.

Ok so I got my main drive updated and everything works fine when using the integrated graphics but when putting the 670 I get nothing going to start a new thread in graphics on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back