i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I just recently multi-booted mac and windows on separate partitions on the same drive, and everything works... except I have to boot from the Windows Boot Manager thingy and not Clover for windows to boot. If I try to boot Windows from clover, I get the little white circle spinny thing, and then it just shows a black screen of abyss. I've already tried renaming the bootmgfw file and replacing it with that 64bit one from the BOOT folder like some recommend, but of course that didn't work for me, and it just decides to "Automatically starting recovery". Any solutions?

I have this problem too. It is because i have installed OS X in UEFI and could not install windows in UEFI so a short fix for me is that i have put my windows HDD in second boot order ( bios configuration) and when Clover boot loader shows up I choose Exit clover so it boots from the second boot priority. Maybe it will work for you

I'll try re-naming the boot file one more time, last time it didn't do anything and I just got black screen of abyss :/

EDIT: Just re-named the file, re-installed clover, restarting now! Let's hope nothing breaks :3

EDIT 2: @Going Bald It broke! I followed the instructions of just re-naming that file, and then installing Clover, and windows wouldn't boot! I just undid the changes and now I can boot from Windows Boot Manager again :/
Read the guide again - follow the instructions step by step. Skipping around and doing steps out of sequence is a recipre for failure.

I tried it in order the first time, just without Ubuntu. Installed mac, partitioned windows, installed windows, went back into back, renamed file, installed Clover. :/
Are you absolutely certain you installed Windows in UEFI mode? run msinfo32 and check if BIOS mode says UEFI or Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back