Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Been using Clover for a while now and it has been working great. I updated to El Capitan over the weekend following the TonyMac guide and the update went very smoothly - almost everything is working now. The one thing that is not working are my sensors. While trying to figure out what was wrong, I deleted the kexts out of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 - all of the kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder. When I rebooted, the machine hung at the apple logo.

I went into the boot options and changed the option
Set OS Version If Not: 10.10.11 (it was set at 10.10.10) and the system booted fine.

This suggests to me that Clover is still looking in the 10.10.10 folder for the FakeSMC kext. I cannot find any way to change that option in config.plist. Google searches came up surprisingly blank, besides just modifying it manually.

Any way to fix this or should I just leave the kexts in kexts/10.10?

Been using Clover for a while now and it has been working great. I updated to El Capitan over the weekend following the TonyMac guide and the update went very smoothly - almost everything is working now. The one thing that is not working are my sensors. While trying to figure out what was wrong, I deleted the kexts out of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 - all of the kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder. When I rebooted, the machine hung at the apple logo.

I went into the boot options and changed the option
Set OS Version If Not: 10.10.11 (it was set at 10.10.10) and the system booted fine.

This suggests to me that Clover is still looking in the 10.10.10 folder for the FakeSMC kext. I cannot find any way to change that option in config.plist. Google searches came up surprisingly blank, besides just modifying it manually.

Any way to fix this or should I just leave the kexts in kexts/10.10?

Leave kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. Be sure that you've removed kexts from S/L/E which was installed from previous versions of Multibeast.

Hehe, definitely need to leave the kexts in 10.11, as I learned the hard way when I deleted them to test and my system did not boot.

I don't have any of the kexts in S/L/E, I originally built this with Yosemite and Clover and never used Multibeast.

Hehe, definitely need to leave the kexts in 10.11, as I learned the hard way when I deleted them to test and my system did not boot.

I don't have any of the kexts in S/L/E, I originally built this with Yosemite and Clover and never used Multibeast.

Boot with -v and post screenshot where it hangs. Attach Config.plist.

I put all kexts in OTHER folder deleted the numbered folders, system has only one folder to check.

After a couple reboots (changing the Set Os Version If Not: to 10.10.11) it started booting up with just the kexts in 10.10.11 - not sure why - it could be that it remembers after it sees where FakeSMC is or maybe it is something else. When I was fiddling with the settings I tried forcing the kext injection by changing the option in config.plist from "Detect" to "Yes" which forces it to inject kexts from the Clover/EFI/Kexts folders so that could be the way to go if anyone encounters this in the future.

Looks like the sensors may just be an iStat issue, as HWMonitor sees them but iStat does not. Not sure why iStat worked fine in Yosemite but won't work in El Capitan, but that is a minor issue for another day.

If anyone does know the answer about how to change the Clover boot option
Set OS Version If Not: 10.10.10

On a permanent basis, that would at least be interesting to know for the future.

Thanks for the help, jbamford and ken394.

After a couple reboots (changing the Set Os Version If Not: to 10.10.11) it started booting up with just the kexts in 10.10.11 - not sure why - it could be that it remembers after it sees where FakeSMC is or maybe it is something else. When I was fiddling with the settings I tried forcing the kext injection by changing the option in config.plist from "Detect" to "Yes" which forces it to inject kexts from the Clover/EFI/Kexts folders so that could be the way to go if anyone encounters this in the future.

Looks like the sensors may just be an iStat issue, as HWMonitor sees them but iStat does not. Not sure why iStat worked fine in Yosemite but won't work in El Capitan, but that is a minor issue for another day.

If anyone does know the answer about how to change the Clover boot option
Set OS Version If Not: 10.10.10

On a permanent basis, that would at least be interesting to know for the future.

Thanks for the help, jbamford and ken394.

Remove (out of date FakeSMC Plugins). Do you have BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x3 in your Config.plist? Be sure that you have updated Clover. Clover on my system says 10.10 in set os same with my other hacks. Make sure that FakeSMC.kext is up to date. Download from Download section. Kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back