Contribute
Register

Cant boot up with OSXAPtipFix 1 OR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other boot-arg you need is nv_disable=1 for your GTX980 - no native OS X drivers and the nVidia driver in OS X will crash without it. You may have to swap the GPU for an older supported one, install the drivers and then swap the 980 back in. nv_disable=1 does not always work - it did not work with the EVGA GTX 980 in my X99 build.

One other boot-arg you need is nv_disable=1 for your GTX980 - no native OS X drivers and the nVidia driver in OS X will crash without it. You may have to swap the GPU for an older supported one, install the drivers and then swap the 980 back in. nv_disable=1 does not always work - it did not work with the EVGA GTX 980 in my X99 build.
You are right, I did end up swapping mine out for a GT 740. My bad for not updating my profile to reflect that. Any other ideas?

You are right, I did end up swapping mine out for a GT 740. My bad for not updating my profile to reflect that. Any other ideas?
So are you still trying to install of have you installed and are now trying to get boot from SSD/HDD?
If still installing Clover config.plist has Haswell patch enabled, RTC patch enabled at minimum
FakeSMC, NullCPU, VoodooTSCSynch and network kexts in Kexts/10.10 and 10.11 folders
boot-args to use -v dart=0 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 cpus=1

So are you still trying to install of have you installed and are now trying to get boot from SSD/HDD?
If still installing Clover config.plist has Haswell patch enabled, RTC patch enabled at minimum
FakeSMC, NullCPU, VoodooTSCSynch and network kexts in Kexts/10.10 and 10.11 folders
Yes I am still trying to get to the OSX install screen from a flash drive. What is the RTC patch? I will try those out commands out. Also when you looked inside the config plist (Post 28) did you see Haswell patch in there or do I still need to add it?

Here are all the kexts I have:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
USB_Injector x99.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

Yes I am still trying to get to the OSX install screen from a flash drive. What is the RTC patch? I will try those out commands out. Also when you looked inside the config plist (Post 28) did you see Haswell patch in there or do I still need to add it?

Here are all the kexts I have:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
USB_Injector x99.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
Haswell patch is there under Kernels and kexts to patch - you just have to set the value to true instead of false.

Haswell patch is there under Kernels and kexts to patch - you just have to set the value to true instead of false.
Ok I made is look like this:
Screen_Shot_2016_09_07_at_3_40_09_PM.png

Is that it for the config plist?

Ok I tried that more specefically I tried (with the new config plist)
Red flash drive: -v dart=0 npci=0x2000 : Bluetooth IO : Crash
Blue flash drive: Blue: -v dart=0 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 cpus=1 : fInterfaceSnapshots is missing: Crash

Any more guesses?

A theory for the bluetooth io thing could be my keyboard. It is a wierless keyboard and mouse with its own dongle. I dont think it is using bluetooth but I suppose that is possible.

Ok I tried that more specefically I tried (with the new config plist)
Red flash drive: -v dart=0 npci=0x2000 : Bluetooth IO : Crash
Blue flash drive: Blue: -v dart=0 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 cpus=1 : fInterfaceSnapshots is missing: Crash

Any more guesses?

A theory for the bluetooth io thing could be my keyboard. It is a wierless keyboard and mouse with its own dongle. I dont think it is using bluetooth but I suppose that is possible.
Do you have a serial port? If yes, disable it.
The keyboard/mouse will work if it is a Logitech RF wireless. Not sure about BT, but most BT devices require the OS to be running to work.

Do you have a serial port? If yes, disable it.
The keyboard/mouse will work if it is a Logitech RF wireless. Not sure about BT, but most BT devices require the OS to be running to work.
I did a bunch of searches and am fairly sure my motherboard does not have a serial port. Furthermore I did a search through bios and couldnt find anything about serial ports.

Mine is a logictech RF keyboard, when I got mac osx installed using chimera the mouse worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back