Contribute
Register

Cant boot up with OSXAPtipFix 1 OR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You appear to be correct, if I boot with nv_drv=1 then it goes black at some point. I am using a DVI-I connection if that matters.
Yeah, for the 740 you don't install web drivers so you don't need to enable them with nv_drv=1.

You appear to be correct, if I boot with nv_drv=1 then it goes black at some point. I am using a DVI-I connection if that matters.
With a supported card like the 740 no special boot-args are needed. Boot as you normally would with just -v

I got the same issue after successful installing El Capitan. I take out the USB. Reboot the system and this problem shows up.

I've tried to do these things in the EFI forder of the System drive.
  • replaced VBoxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
  • replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but i got the (Error- requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block)
  • Switched back to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. And sometimes I reboot twice then (If lucky) it works normall --> But this no longer happens. Now im just stuck at the Error allocating XxXXXXX at XxXXXXXX alloc type 2, couldn't allocate runtime area.
This is my build:
  • MSI Z170A Krait Gaming.
  • i5 6500
  • 16GB Corsair Vege.

I got the same issue after successful installing El Capitan. I take out the USB. Reboot the system and this problem shows up.

• replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but i got the (Error- requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block)
  • Switched back to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. And sometimes I reboot twice then (If lucky) it works normall --> But this no longer happens. Now im just stuck at the Error allocating XxXXXXX at XxXXXXXX alloc type 2, couldn't allocate runtime area.
This is my build:
  • i5 6500
  • 16GB Corsair Vege.

Make sure that you have SIP disabled.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/e...s-workarounds-and-current-information.170611/

With a supported card like the 740 no special boot-args are needed. Boot as you normally would with just -v
How about ncpi=0x2000? What piece of hardware is that for?

How about ncpi=0x2000? What piece of hardware is that for?
This and npci=0x3000 were needed with Ivy Bridge and then Haswell CPUs for those whose boot stopped at PCI Configuration begins due to CPU graphics instead of PCI/PCIe graphics.

This is my build:
  • i5 6500
  • 16GB Corsair Vege.
Try this - http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...0-gtx-590-3gb-64gb.95303/page-32#post-1279906

theres a newer optiofix file now, delete the old ones and test2.efi if you have it and replace with this one:

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back