Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI Plus
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
Ok so I have started working on the hackintosh. I have installed a temporary GPU and Wireless card and tested them in the windows side of the device.

I am trying to install El Capitan. I wish I could tell you what version but unfortunately the app store isnt letting me download the latest and so all I have is one from last time I tried doing this.

My build is thus:
Graphics Card: GEForce GT 740 (EVGA)
CPU: Intel i7 5820k (haswell)
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus (MSI X99S chipset)
Wifi: TP-Link AC 1900 PCI Express Adapter
Ram: Crucial DDR4-2133

I have been following this great tutorial which seems to match my build sorta closely.

Unfortunately in verbose mode things have not been getting past a couple lines, something about allocating runtime area. I have tried 2 flashdrives and OSXAPtipFix 1 and 2 (not at the same time) with no avail.

Basically if i'm using OSXAptipFix then I get: Couldn't allocate runtime area (earlier it says OSXAptipFixDrv: Error- requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block)

If i use the 2nd one I get: Error allocating XxXXXXX at XxXXXXXX alloc type 2, couldn't allocate runtime area

How do I proceed?

As far as drivers I have going I currently have:
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (or the other one)
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
Test2.efi
in the drivers 64 UEFI folder

NOTE: I did not touch the 3d bit folder

Boot flags: -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

And kexts (all in 10.11 and 10.10 folder):
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AHCIPortInjector
AppleIntelE1000e
AtherosE2200Ethernet
FakePCIID_XHCIMux
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement
RealtekRTL8111
USB_Injector x99
USBInjectAll
VoodooTSCSync

I have attached my config.plist incase it is necesary to poke around

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 228
Have you looked here? http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...pitan-install-problems.173991/#CategoryFreeze
Scroll down to "Boot fails with Error allocating 0x#### pages at 0x####... alloc type 2"
Hey your right! Looks like as it says it was the port, I am now using a different one of my usb 2.0 ports.

That being said it is not an exact science when or when it wont have issues with allocating. Its sorta spotty.

Anyway now its getting hung here:

IOBluetoothFamily, missing Bluetooth controller transport
initting scan manager controller

However like the guide said I already have the nv_disable=1 flag so I dont know what more to do. The GPU is supposed to be super compatible with hackintoshes.

An oddity I have notices is sometimes it uses the black clover interface, sometimes the blue one. I believe I have set the setting to choose a random one... but it seems like it is more likely to fail to allocate if its the black interface

Hey your right! Looks like as it says it was the port, I am now using a different one of my usb 2.0 ports.

That being said it is not an exact science when or when it wont have issues with allocating. Its sorta spotty.

Anyway now its getting hung here:

IOBluetoothFamily, missing Bluetooth controller transport
initting scan manager controller

However like the guide said I already have the nv_disable=1 flag so I dont know what more to do. The GPU is supposed to be super compatible with hackintoshes.

An oddity I have notices is sometimes it uses the black clover interface, sometimes the blue one. I believe I have set the setting to choose a random one... but it seems like it is more likely to fail to allocate if its the black interface

If both integrated and discrete graphics, try removing the graphics card, installing with integrated graphics, then post-install putting the graphics card back in and installing Web drivers if needed.

5820k has no integrated graphics

5820k has no integrated graphics
GTX980 is compatible but requires nVidia drivers. Use the boot-arg nv_disable=1 to disable the OS X drivers and run the card in VESA mode.
Note this may not work - it did not work with my EVGA GTX980. I had to swap in a 9800GT to do the install, install the web drivers and then swap the GPUs.

GTX980 is compatible but requires nVidia drivers. Use the boot-arg nv_disable=1 to disable the OS X drivers and run the card in VESA mode.
Note this may not work - it did not work with my EVGA GTX980. I had to swap in a 9800GT to do the install, install the web drivers and then swap the GPUs.
Yeah it doesn't work my 980 as a result I have swapped it with a GT 740, one of the recommended to buy graphics cards. Should I still be using nv_disable = 1? Any other flags?

Also I am curious: all the documentation says that this is a graphics card error so that must be it, but why does verbose show a bunch of information about Bluetooth? is it just that the graphics card stuff comes later?

Yeah it doesn't work my 980 as a result I have swapped it with a GT 740, one of the recommended to buy graphics cards. Should I still be using nv_disable = 1? Any other flags?

Also I am curious: all the documentation says that this is a graphics card error so that must be it, but why does verbose show a bunch of information about Bluetooth? is it just that the graphics card stuff comes later?

I believe you should still be using nv_disable=1.

I believe you should still be using nv_disable=1.
You appear to be correct, if I boot with nv_drv=1 then it goes black at some point. I am using a DVI-I connection if that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back