Contribute
Register

Can't boot unibeast sierra installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one last question is there something I should manually add on my config.plist once I install my system to make Clover work without checking everything manually on Clover boot screen?

Although there are different ways to edit your config.plist to include all boot flags and injections using software like textedit, PLIST Editor and Clover Configurator, I prefer the two-in one CC-V . It can mount your EFI partition on the desktop and can help you with GUI editing.
Install and launch CC-vibrant edition from: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

Mount your Sierra HDD''s EFI partition on the desktop:
Navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist Open with CC-V
From the Left panel of CCV window go to Boot and use Check boxes for Boot flags
In Gui> Custom section select only what is applicable to your system.
in ACPI> check [ ] USB
in Devices> Add properties (for your Intel HD530) click + to add AAPL, GfxYTile
in Graphics check [] Inject Intel

Save that config plist through the Left panel bottom 2nd Right arrowhead >Save as.. Config >.....

Attachments

• ACPI USB fix.png
    ACPI USB fix.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Boot_Args.png
    Boot_Args.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Devices Properies Intel HD 530 and USB ownership.png
    Devices Properies Intel HD 530 and USB ownership.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Graphics Injection Intel.png
    Graphics Injection Intel.png
    322 KB · Views: 181
  • Gui_Scan.png
    Gui_Scan.png
    348 KB · Views: 233
Sorry for the late reply. First of all thank you @cmn699 for such a detailed explanation! Your config worked and I have been able to create a fusion drive and with clover inside the EFI partition of the SSD the system boots flawlessly. However I still have a couple of issues: the graphics glitches are still present in the top left corner and sleep doesn't work. Furthermore I can't find a way to make ethernet and sound working. I have tried installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext with kext wizard but after that I wasn't able to boot anymore and I had to reinstall the system from the beginning. I've also tried to put the kext inside Clover kext folder (where FakeSMC is) and It shows me the ethernet interface, but disconnected. As for sound I have tried toleda audio scripts but I don't even know where to start. I'm very thankful for the help you gave me and I don't won't to bother you too much, but if you could give me a couple of suggestion for where to start I would really appreciate and I would try to figure out how to proceed. Again thank you for your help.

PS: Am I wrong or Multibeast only installs Chamaleon boot loader instead of Clover? Because if that is not the case I am going through all this trouble for nothing, while I could just follow Multibeast guided setup...

Sorry for the late reply. First of all thank you @cmn699 for such a detailed explanation! Your config worked and I have been able to create a fusion drive and with clover inside the EFI partition of the SSD the system boots flawlessly. However I still have a couple of issues: the graphics glitches are still present in the top left corner and sleep doesn't work. Furthermore I can't find a way to make ethernet and sound working. I have tried installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext with kext wizard but after that I wasn't able to boot anymore and I had to reinstall the system from the beginning. I've also tried to put the kext inside Clover kext folder (where FakeSMC is) and It shows me the ethernet interface, but disconnected. As for sound I have tried toleda audio scripts but I don't even know where to start. I'm very thankful for the help you gave me and I don't won't to bother you too much, but if you could give me a couple of suggestion for where to start I would really appreciate and I would try to figure out how to proceed. Again thank you for your help.

PS: Am I wrong or Multibeast only installs Chamaleon boot loader instead of Clover? Because if that is not the case I am going through all this trouble for nothing, while I could just follow Multibeast guided setup...
I have read this post. I will be back in a couple of hours as I am in the middle of replacing my Friend's damaged MoBo with a new and upgraded one. I will post a detailed reply when I can after I come back. Multibeast (9.0.1) for Sierra installs CLOVER (Clover 3766) bootloader NOT Chameleon or Chimera. In the mean time you could use MB guided setup instructions. MB9.01 is generally very good 90% of the time in my experience.

Hi. I have tried using multibeast and the result is that the system can't boot. It took a lot of time and then it stopped completely. I am attaching a picture. Thank you again and good luck with your friend's motherboard :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_193335.jpg
    IMG_20170312_193335.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back