Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I finally got my install to work and restarted the comp with iBoot in the drive. I select my Snow Leopard partition and it won't finish. It gets stuck on this...
Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, v3.9.6: already have loaded v9.9.9

I couldn't figure out how to solve this. I'm using an ASUS Rampage II Gene board with an i7 920 CPU. I have an Sapphire 5770. I installed on a brand new WD Caviar Green 2TB drive, on a 250GB partition.

Originally I had my HDD plugged into one of the 6 main SATA ports but couldn't get the drive to format so I plugged it into the JMicron SATA port right next to those and I formatted the disk and the install said it worked. Now when I try and restart to get to that Welcome screen for setup it gets stuck.

Thanks for the help and let me know if I need to share anything else.

Yes I tried the -v -x and ran into the same issue? Do I need to do the PCIRootUID=1 again like I did when I was installing?

Ebes1099 said:
Yes I tried the -v -x and ran into the same issue? Do I need to do the PCIRootUID=1 again like I did when I was installing?

Yes, insert that string and boot again. If you are in , remove the conflicted KEXT and remember to select ATI Experimental + PCIRootUID under multibeast.

I seem to have OS X working now. I have the OS X hard drive plugged into the black JMicron SATA port on my Motherboard. Is it ok to leave it there?

I am going to try and plug my 2 Windows 7 hard drives back in and hopefully be able to dual boot. We'll see if I run into any problems there.

If I leave that Hard Drive plugged into that SATA port then I can't select it as a boot drive in my BIOS. So i'm assuming I can't leave it plugged in to that slot.

Also now when I plug in my Windows 7 drive it won't boot. Even if I unplug the OS X hard drive. So now I've got some more issues to troubleshoot.

Edit: I think it has something to do with switching to AHCI. I just found that post where I have to make registry edits so I'll go do that. Any update on where I have to plug my OS X boot drive in to?

if you installed Win7 with your BIOS SATA Controller set to IDE state and changed BIOS to AHCI, Win7 does not boot. To fix that you need to change the registry.
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum ... stallation
Once it is change, put your Win7 DVD inside the tray, as it might need to pull the AHCI driver from the DVDROM when you boot Win7 first time after registry change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back