Graphics
nVidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed the xmove guide word for word, restarting to the installer partition, and get the grey apple screen and spinning wheel for a while. Then pops up a circle with a line through it. When I do a -v at boot, It hangs on "Still waiting for root device". Any suggestions? Thanks

I am thinking there is something wrong with the filesystem on the Installer partition. Anyone have a screenshot on what the root of installer should look like. Also the total size of all the files? Much appreciated.

This will be a kext issue.
ensure in the extensions folder is a file named fakemsc this will enable a boot.
Install it using multibeast.

Am I installing this on the installer partition? Or my regular snow leopard partition? And with system Utils? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Either way, that kext is on both SL and under the installer partition.

Install it to the Snow leopard partition.

Also, use multi beast to install these as well, it should then boot.

ElliotforcelegacyRTC
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement

Hopefully itl work.

Also choose UserDSDT install
and place the relevant file on your desktop
dsdt.php

Click system utilities in multibeast to rebuild cache and repair permissions.

Before I do that, is it a bad thing if I open the installer partition, double click the "Install osx Lion" icon and it says that the installer is damaged? That is from whatever xmove did. I'm deleting that and putting on a good copy of it.

EDIT: That was the problem, boots up beautifully. The Lion installer was damaged. False alarm ha! I do appreciate the help. You got me thinking. Thank you!

Create the installer partition again if you can and then boot into that and install it to a new partition, then use multibeast to install the relevant files as mentioned above.

Personally I didn't use xMove, I created an installer partition using my macbook and external drive (I copied files like fakesmc and usbrollback to the installer when done). I then plugged it into my PC and booted into the installer I then installed Lion to a new partition. I plugged the drive back into my macbook and used multibeast to install fakesmc again, (this is needed to boot and other kexts to allow me to boot correctly)

this is how I did it. Although it wasn't as easy and straight forward as that the first time, I messed with xMove loads and found out I didn't need it after all its for people who use PCs.

EDIT: ahhhhhh I typed that all out as well lol. No problem as long as you got booted.

Thanks for the effort! ha, yeah I used xmove, but apparently it corrupted the lion installer on it's way in. Very lucky I just decided to open that installer up and it said that it was damaged. So I replaced it with a good on that I had in applications and it booted right up!

I think it corrupted mine once, nothing to worry about but like you basically said, unless you realise, you'll be wasting plenty of hours working out why its not booting.

Just take your time now with installing things, I have said plenty of times on here that the wrong .kext will show a kernel panic on boot and unless you can remove this .kext via a Mac or macdrive (I think), you'll have to re-install. I did this with out thinking a few times and then found out how to remove the culprit.

Good luck.

Wel I'm not sure if you can help me, but I went through the install (I did a clean install on a secondary drive) but I can't boot to it. I've tried (with boot) -x, -x -v, PCIRootUID=1 -x -v, but it just does a reboot every time. I was reading something about changing arch i386 to x86_64 in com.apple.boot.plist. ANy ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, went in through my Snow leopard drive, ran multi beast to that drive and it worked perfectly. It was weird to use multi beast before the OS even loaded for the first time. Worked great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back