Graphics
Geforce GFX 560 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a p8p67 le asus motherboard, Intel i5 2500k, and a gtx 560 ti graphics card. Whenever I attempt to boot to my USB from Chimera the screen eventually flashes the apple logo with the white screen then restarts. Depending on the flags I use it will sometimes just go to a black screen then restart without the white screen.

I followed the guide for installing mountain lion via unibeast but can not boot into the installer after chimera. I have tried every combination of npci=0x2000/0x3000, GraphicsEnabler, -v,-x, and PCIRootUID. I also took everything out of my computer besides the ssh I am trying to install to one stick of ram and the graphics card ( the p8p67 le does not support onboard graphics ).

I also followed this guide, http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...sus-p8p67-le-i5-2400-gtx-550-ti-10-7-4-a.html

due to being a very similar build as mine and I flashed my motherboard with the corresponding bios from this site http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/

I have been working on this for the last two days and am pretty much about to give up and eat twenty dollars for Mountain Lion, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post something here to see if anyone has any insight.

I have read through many posts concerning the 560 ti and p8p67 le with mountain lion. I found a lot of conflicting information, especially with the 560 ti. On the custo builds page it is a recomended graphics card, but I have found multiple threads where people are claiming a similar issue as mine, and then other threads where people claim to have no issue whatsoever.

Did you really try "PCIRootUID=0 -v" at the bootscreen? This is the one which works fine for me.

I have this same setup mobo and cpu, use PCIRootUID=0 -x

this should allow you to get to the install screen. dont give up 2 days in....damn i reinstalled 5 times b4 finally getting it right. A lot of smart folks her and in the chat room, check it out. good luck.

also double check your BIOS settings.

Thank you for the responses. By giving up I really meant take a break. It is hard for me to spend too much time working on this and not actually getting work done. I will try these bootflags when I get home. I can't remember if I tried these or not. One of my friends suggested I try going into the folder with all of the graphics drivers and delete everything that isn't the one I have. Did you guys get it working with this hardware without switching out graphics for the install?

Thank you for the responses. By giving up I really meant take a break. It is hard for me to spend too much time working on this and not actually getting work done. I will try these bootflags when I get home. I can't remember if I tried these or not. One of my friends suggested I try going into the folder with all of the graphics drivers and delete everything that isn't the one I have. Did you guys get it working with this hardware without switching out graphics for the install?

im really new to this myself,

it took me two months to get here on a Hack! after lots headaches and buying tons of stuff for an ageing 775 system, i got here! running ML 10.8.2 on a core2quad Q6600, GA-EP43-UD3L system! its very rewarding when you do it!

however, you have to really figure out a lot on your own, which has taught me a lot in the process! trust me, its really worth it! but there are lots on here to help!

Doesn't your i5 support integrated graphics? maybe try an install from that? install the card later?

use the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No

when you get there, from multi beast

PCIRootUID=1 helped stop the bios resets and CMOS checksum errors for me also if you get that error?

Miles:)

just looked further into the p8p67 le asus motherboard!

Sorry! seen why it
doesn't!

no VGA/DVI port at the backend!

okay, do you have anyone you know with a 6xx series GPU?

Miles

@mnkemsley - would you mind giving me some insight as to what you selected from multi-beast to get your setup working? I have the exact same mobo/processor and after install and multibeast driver install it hangs during bootup (Shows the apple screen, then eventually stops displaying anything to the screen and locks up). I tried the 2 flags that you recommended and am still having issues...

I'd appreciate any help you're able to offer!

Are the 600 hundred series better supported? I dont think I can get access to another nvidia card, but I can borrow my friends radeon hd 5750.

I was just able to boot into the installer using the new version of unibeast. I used the "PCIRootUID=0 -v" flag. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back