Contribute
Register

Can't boot post Multibeast, Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H , Core i7 4790K, EVGA GTX 750 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Hey,

Not been able to find a Mavericks Multibeast set up to work for me with me, I'm goin to try a Yosemite install but wanted to know if any know what my issue was with my current trying.

This is my system,

Graphics - EVGA GTX 750 Ti SuperClocked 2GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E

Wifi- TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless-N450 Dual Band PCIe Adapter

Power -Corsair CSM 550W Semi Modular 80+ Gold

System drive - Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO - SSD Only

Ram - Ballistix 240-pin DIMM DDR3-1600 CL9 (9-9-9-24) PC3-12800

CPU -Core i7 4790K 4GHz Socket 1150 8MB L3 Cache

Mother Boad - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Socket LGA 1150 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio mATX

Storage drive - Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache

So I got passed the install an with boot flags nv_disable=1 -f -v, booted into Mavericks desktop with the same flag plus -x.

I tried the first multibeast two setting I read, but no luck couldn't even boot with the boot flag as before.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/140157-success-ga-z97m-d3h-4790k-r9-280x.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/135808-success-10-9-3-gigabyte-z97-d3h-xeon-e3-1231v3-evga-gtx-770-sc.html

Here is my screen shot from those trys,

Then I tryed these two DSDT free multibeast guides an had no luck,

[Success] Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 4790, HD4600

Fine tuning: GA-Z97M-DH3, i7-4790K, GTX 760, 10.9.4

and this is the screen i end up with after them,

I'm at a lose cos I'v tried other combinations of settings but not joy, with or with out boot flags on they don't seem to work.

But if any knows what my issue may be please help me out.

thanks for the grate help getting me this far just need a bit more! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
As you can see from my Profile I have an almost identical system. What I found with Yosemite and Multibeast, less is more with this motherboard. Do not try to use any pre-configured choices they do not work with this motherboard. I will attach my Multibeast file for you, it should work. The only problems I have remaining with this set-up are audio noise when cursor is moved and no audio after sleep.
I hope this helps.
View attachment Z97M working Yosemite 10 2.mb

Hi RonMintz,

I got it sorted in the end I had to install my graphics card driver before my multibeast intall. Not noticed any problems with audio, but that cos I just installed the drivers for my out board sound card strait away, I am having trouble with my external drive ejecting randomly USB and USB . 3

Have you had any issue like this?

regarding the usb not working/ejecting. In the extra/extensions folder there will 2 kext with USB remove them and reboot. Also if you have added the Generic USB kext remove that also and try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back